Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Why men should refuse to marry?

Page no : 12

Dharmesh Manjeshwar (Advocate/Lawyer)     21 June 2009

Sir .. with due respects to you and your thinking .....

I do not personally agree to your views ...... It is true that some women do misuse these laws ... but that does not mean that these laws need to be scrapped ....... We see wide misuse of these laws only in the metro and larger cities ...... but in rural india women are still trampled upon .... India is not about urban population only ..... it's about rural population also ...

Further drawing comparisons between india's married population and the amount of cases ( divorce, dowry, maintenance, 498A, etc ) one would surely gather that the amount of misused cases would be a negligible amount ......

And surely sometimes these laws do put reins on the animal instincts of men .... for if there would have been no leash on men ..... they would have played havoc with the lives of women ....

Rajesh Kumar (Advocate)     21 June 2009

I agree dhanesh that things cannot and should not be generalised. Why then generalised gender biased law and againat men in general?

ROHAN (Adm)     22 June 2009

You mean to say that laws that are unconstitutional and against basic human rights should be continued? Then why not scrap the constitutional itself? By the way, you are not offering any solution to the human rights violation of men. It is also wrong to say that very few cases of misuse happens. For your kind information, 10 lakh people have been arrested without any investigation in the last 5-6 years alone and under IPC 498A alone. Out of this, about 600 small children have been arrested. And about 1.3 Lakh women have been arrested. The British govt. was much better as it arrested about 45000 women right from its inception.

Do you mean to say that such unconstitutional and inhuman laws need to be continued just to allow some sections of society to exploit it?

Lastly, you seem to say that men alone have animal instincts. Are women above animal instincts? If men can play havoc with women, women can and are doing it too! Women are NOT morally superior to men and please get that straight!

ROHAN (Adm)     22 June 2009

Manjeshwar seems to think that men alone have animal instincts. And that men alone can play havoc with the lives of women. Little does he know that 3 times more married men commit suicide than married women. The rate of suicide among women becomes less after marriage and rate of suicide among men increases after marriage.

Rajesh Kumar (Advocate)     23 June 2009

A real good video-

Dont only refuse to get marry- ask your friend/brother to not get married.

https://prassoon.sulekha.com/blog/post/2009/06/friends-don-t-let-friends-get-married.htm

A real video, where are coming from heart.

Rajesh Kumar (Advocate)     27 June 2009

Stories tell many things no amount of theorising can express. Read this short story-

ANGULIMAAL

Rajesh Kumar

I cant remember my name. Name, which my mother gave me, as a gift of her love. A name, which my father gifted me so that the world can recognize me with that name. Now everybody call me Angulimaal. But I know, my near and dear one didn’t call me with this name ever.
I am a bandit, a decoit. I rob and kill people. After killing them, I cut a finger of the corpse and have made a rosary of those fingers. In local dialect, this is called “anguli ki mala”. I wear this mala, and due to this rosary they call me Angulimaal. This is the name my ears are listening for last many years, so much so that I have forgotten my real name. I don’t even wish to remember that real name. How will I feel if I ever remember that my mother calls me “Bhola” or “Kishan”? How will I bear the pain that my mother’s Bhola has become Angulimaal? How will my father live after knowing that his Kishan is known as Angulimal? No. I don’t want to remember. I don’t want to remember my real name.
I don’t like robbing people. I don’t like killing people. They are just like me. They are travelers. Some of them are going to meet their loving relatives on that side of the jungle. They are innocent people. Yesterday I killed a person who was going on pilgrimage. He was accompanied by his 8 years old son. When I was killing the child, there was such a pity in the child’s eyes. I cant forget those eyes. I don’t want to kill anyone. But I have to.
I have to support a family. There is my wife and three children. I have no money to support them. I need money. My youngest child is ill. I have to arrange nutritious food for him. Sometime I take him to the doctor and need to pay him for medicines. Last month I worshipped for his life in the temple and I have promised to the goddess that I will give a feast if my son regains health. I have to keep the promise. My eldest daughter is already fourteen. I have to arrange money for marriage expenses. I want her to marry in a rich household, so that she can lead a happy life. I need money. It is my duty to support my family. If I will not get money, how will they live? Who will marry my daughter? How will my son be well and happy? My family will starve.
I am robust and healthy. I can live anywhere. I can survive in a jungle. I can do any small work and live. But children? Wife? I have to take care of them. I have to fulfill their requirements. Even if I have to rob people or kill people, I will do it. I will not allow any deficiency in their lives. I am a father, I am a husband.
I know killing people is a sin. The worst sin. I know I have to burn in hell’s fire for long to propitiate. I am ready to roast myself in that fire. I will propitiate all my sins. I count my sins. I count daily how much sin I have committed. That is why I have made this rosary. By counting the fingers in the rosary, I am able to know how much sin I have committed. I don’t like this finger’s rosary. It is there only to remind me of my sins.
“Well”, the saint said, “you are committing these sins for your family. Will they share these sins with you.”
“Off course, yes. On the altar of marital fire, my wife gave me sacred promise that she will share everything with me”, I replied.
“Why don’t you go and ask her once”, said the saint.
I ran towards my home. I knew there are persons, who love me. I knew, they are there to do anything for me. What is sharing, my wife will take all the sin on herself. But I will not give her all. I will only share. Even when we have to live in hell, we will be together. We will be roasted together in hell’s fire.
“Why should I share your sins honey”, replied my wife. “I didn’t tell you to rob people and kill people. That is your business. It is your duty to bring money to home. How you do it, it is your business.”
My Business! I was shattered. I ran towards the saint and fell on the feet of the saint. “My family will share only the fruits of my sins. They will not share the sins.” I sobbed, “show me the way, what should I do.”
“You know the way Balmiki. You know the truth.” The saint said.
“Balmiki, Who?”, I asked.
“You”. He was smiling. I also smiled.
I have smiled after a very long time.
------------------------------------------------------------
If you wish to comment on the story,
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well, Marriage has always been a slavery. Since ages. Since the very dawn of civilisations. Whenever some men has understood it, it has resulted in birth of Balmiki, age of Ramayana- Ram Rajya.

Rajesh Kumar (Advocate)     03 July 2009

Various Supreme Court decisions are also a reason for men to refuse marriage. Read this one-

July, 2009
Supreme Court of India

SUPREME COURT LOK ADALAT

TRANSFER PETITION (C) NO.887 OF 2007

PRIYANKA ... Petitioner (s) Versus

ROHIT SUBHASH SETHI ... Respondent (s) (With appln.(s) for stay and with prayer
for interim relief and office report) Date : 06/12/2008 The above petition was
taken up today for settlement CORAM :

HON'BLE DR. JUSTICE ARIJIT PASAYAT

HON'BLE MR. JUSTICE P. SATHASIVAM

For Petitioner (s)

Mr. Vipin Gogia, Adv.

Ms. Jaspreet Gogia, Adv.

For Respondent (s)

Ms. Anitha Shenoy, Adv.

Ms. Sunita Ojha, Adv.

Ms. Rashmi Nanda Kumar, Adv.

This matter was taken up at the Supreme Court Lok Adalat with the
consent and agreement through their counsel. The following Order/Award is passed
:-

Heard.

This Transfer Petition is disposed of as the parties have
agreed to an arrangement. The parties have agreed that a decree of divorce
shall be passed, after a sum of Rs.16,00,000/- in total is paid by the
respondent to the petitioner in the following manner :-

1. Rs.5,00,000/- immediately.

2. Rs.4,00,000/- by the end of April, 2009.

3. Rs.7,00,000/- by 15th July, 2009.

-2-

It is stated that a sum of Rs.5,00,000/- is already in deposit with the Punjab
& Haryana High Court. That amount is permitted to be withdrawn by the
petitioner in terms of this Order. After the full amount is paid, the
proceedings relatable to F.I.R No.241 dated 10.11.2007 registered at P.S. Model
Town, Hoshiarpur shall stand quashed. The decree for divorce as noted above
shall be passed as a decree on the basis of mutual consent after the whole
amount is paid. The proceedings in respect of Petition No.2189 of 2007 pending
before the Family Court at Mumbai, Bandra shall be transferred to the Court of
District & Sessions Judge, Hoshiarpur, Punjab so that parties can file a
petition for dissolution of the marriage in terms of this order. The parties or
anyone of them indicating acknowledgment of the whole amount can bring this to
the notice of the concerned court so that necessary orders in that regard can be
passed.

The Transfer Petition is accordingly, disposed of. (P.SATHASIVAM)
(Dr.ARIJIT PASAYAT)
---------------

It appears that the whole family law, and criminal laws related to marrige has been legislated for legalised extortion only.

1 Like

Rajesh Kumar (Advocate)     13 July 2009

Well, your wife can kill you and when you will not be here, make false allegation of domestic abuse against you. But you will not be here to defend. Somebody can make a movie "provoked". It can win oscar too. Just read this brutal murder-  https://www.indianexpress.com/news/unable-to-bear-domestic-abuse-wife-kills/472839/

Tired of constant abuse at the hands of her alcoholic husband, a 30-year-old woman killed her husband on Friday. The woman, identified as Neha alias Sunita, was arrested by the Outer Delhi police on Saturday after her father reported the matter to the police.

Police officers said Neha killed her husband Naveen, 32, by first hitting him on his head with a wooden plank. Naveen reportedly fell unconscious after the attack. She then stabbed him in the throat with a kitchen knife. The knife reportedly got twisted, after which Neha took another knife and continued to stab him

“After the murder, she changed her bloodstained clothes, washed her hands and went to her maternal house. On Saturday morning, she confessed the murder to her father, Chandoo Lal, who reported the matter to the police,” Deputy Commissioner of Police (Outer) Atul Katiyar said.

It is dangerous to marry. SAY NO TO MARRIAGE.

Rajesh Kumar (Advocate)     13 July 2009

In Jabalpur, the district administration conducted pregagncy test of would be brides. 8.5% of the brides were found pregnant. The National Commission for women, rather than taking into consideration the fraud played by women on the men and on the institution of marriage, got angry at the administration. The report says,

According to the state women’s commission, the tests were conducted on all 152 brides at the Mukhyamantri Kanyadan Yojana held in Shahdol district on June 30. After the tests, 13 girls were sent back because ‘‘they were pregnant’’, says the commission, which has asked the DM to conduct a probe into alleged human rights violations.
‘‘It’s a violation of human rights and dignity of a woman,’’ Amita Chapra, a member of the commission, told TOI on Sunday. ‘‘I have asked the district collector to submit a detailed report within seven days.’’ The commission has asked the district authorities to explain under what rule such a medical test was conducted on the girls and who ordered the tests. The order from the commission to conduct an inquiry came on Saturday.
The Kanyadan Yojana has so far seen marriages of nearly 90,000 couples in the state.
Unquote.
Pregnancy test is violation of human rights. Stopping pregnant girls from defrauding men into marriage is a human rights violation. State effort to refuse to be a party of such fraud by women is a human rights violation. Such women must be prosecuted for cheating, for it is nothing but cheating the would be husband.
Pregnant would be wife- it is another reason for not getting married.

Rajesh Kumar (Advocate)     30 July 2009

Studies has shown that probability of suicide increases by 400% in men, after marriage as compared to before marriage. Suicide statistics published by government of India shows that in pre marriage stage, a women is twice likely to suicide that a man where whereas after marriage a man is twice likely to suicide than a women. 400% increase is suicide rate in men, merely because of marriage. A detailed analysis of government statistics in the following report:

https://legalfighter.wordpress.com/2008/12/15/press-conference-addressing-large-scale-suicides-of-married-men/

Marriage the greatest reason forcing men to suicide.

Men should refuse to marry to aviod suicide and all pain, which strong men have to bear, who do not suicide.

san (social service)     13 August 2009

I entirely agree with you Sir. Because of brain dead and illogical laws like 498A, DP, et al. marriage has became a nightmare for honest and straightforward husbands. Crooks have mis used these laws like anything.

Our judiciary on one hand says, let 100 guilty be freed, but no innocent, should be convicted. On the other hand, laws like 498A, which have a conviction rate of2% are stll being allowed. The rare cases where wives are truly harassed, 498A is never used, so either way, 498A  is crap, and should be scrapped.

The word about this is spreading slowly and surely, and young men are getting delusioned with the institute of marriage.

I would advise bachelor men to stay away from marriage, if they want to stay away from all the legal nightmares, that follow after marriage.

Rajesh Kumar (Advocate)     14 August 2009

What started as a reaction to gender biased marital laws has turned into a genuine introspection into reasons as to why do men marry.

I feel from that introspection that marriage should be refused even if such laws are amended or repealed.

Yogesh Patel (Business)     16 August 2009

Rajesh Ji

This person here

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/messages/2009/8/7894_surrogate_person_for_hiiring_womb_contract_is_it_legal_.asp

seemed to have any innovative, acceptable and alternate solution for marriages that involve men with a woman .I wonder if at all it can be pragmatized in india !!!

Rajesh Kumar (Advocate)     18 August 2009

Fatherhood is possible without marriage. You can get an egg donation and hire a womb. In fact, an unmarried CA used this in Hinduja Hospital, Mumbai last year to be a father. The case was widely reported in media.

In any case, you can always be an adoptive father.

Yogesh Patel (Business)     18 August 2009

yes but, all these cases are of "couples" in India. In other countries gays tried to do it. I wonder if someone tried to do this as a "safer" way to have children.Is  it poss ? then why not men take this simpler route than spend 5 -10 years of their youth without families , fighting the politican-feminist-judiciary racket.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register