Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

kevin (Mr)     03 April 2010

succession and legal heirship

Hi

my father passed away leaving 40 lakhs as fixed deposit and keeping my brother as its nominee

we have applied for succession certificate but havent received yet..i am abroad as i have given power

of attorney to him to close his provident fund and bank account. But now i noticed that he withdraw 6 lakhs

from the deposit using legal heirship certificate is that possible without succession cerificate? can i claim
equal share of it after getting succession certificate? please advice

Kevin

Learning

3 Replies

Suryanarayana Tangirala (Advocate)     03 April 2010

Yes u have equal share in properties left behind by your father if he has withdrawn the money without obtaining succession certificate why u waiting for succession certificate file a suit, before that issue him a legal notice  demanding u r share also cancel GPA.

Devajyoti Barman (Advocate)     04 April 2010

After the death of the account holder the nominee can withdraw the amount left by him even without succession certificate but that does not entitle him to usurp the whole amount or any part of it if he is not the sole or one of the legal heirs. In your case though your brother has withdrawn a portion of the amount left by your father , you have definitely equal share in it and the rest of the amounts along with your fatther's other legal heirs, if any.If your brother refuses to part with your share you can take legal recourse.

Adv.Husain (Advocate)     05 April 2010

absolute advice by devjyoti barman

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register