LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

shivani (housewife)     02 March 2018

Please help:divorce

Husband filed for a divorce.. i have given my reply in the court.. but at the time of submmitting my reply i did not submit the copies of my evidence.. like the reordings.. few pictures etc.. i didnot even give a copy to the husband's lawyer.. at that time my lawyer said that we can submit that before the cross-examine of my husband starts. Now from next week my husband's cross examine will start.. so will the judge accept my evidence in the form of cd's/ pictures etc.. ?? Or my right has ended?? Is there any other way out?

Learning

49 Replies

Jaspal singh (practicing lawyer)     02 March 2018

Although it is a rule and provision in law that whatever evidance or document you have in your possession, you have to file before the stage of framing of issues, however In metrimonial cases, you can file your evidance along with your evidance too beacuse technical issues are not mandate in metrimonial litigations, Infact in the interest of justice court can adpot his own procedure.

It is need to understand what type of evidance you have, whether it can be use on cross examination or need to come on records, it depends case to case..

Thanks and Regards

Jaspal S Maini(Adv)

Jaspal singh (practicing lawyer)     02 March 2018

Although it is a rule and provision in law that whatever evidance or document you have in your possession, you have to file before the stage of framing of issues, however In metrimonial cases, you can file your evidance along with your evidance too beacuse technical issues are not mandate in metrimonial litigations, Infact in the interest of justice court can adpot his own procedure.

It is need to understand what type of evidance you have, whether it can be use on cross examination or need to come on records, it depends case to case..

Thanks and Regards

Jaspal S Maini(Adv)

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     02 March 2018

Photographs and CDs if to be used at the time of cross-examination of your husband by your counsel, that can be done at that stage nothing wrong and court will allow it.

shivani (housewife)     03 March 2018

@ jaspal sir- thank you for your advice. As of now issues have not been framed.. my case is going on in saket family court delhi.. i hope that the judge accepts it because it will help me a lot.. @ vijay sir- thank you for your advice..

shivani (housewife)     03 March 2018

@ jaspal sir- thank you for your advice. As of now issues have not been framed.. my case is going on in saket family court delhi.. i hope that the judge accepts it because it will help me a lot.. @ vijay sir- thank you for your advice..

shivani (housewife)     04 March 2018

@ ramesh sir- ok.. On the last date of divorce case hearing judge i went alone.. judge didn't ask me to prepare the issues etc.. as far as i know matter is listed for prosecution evidence.. so will the judge frame the issues before my husband's cross examine starts ? Or at what stage?

shivani (housewife)     04 March 2018

@ ramesh sir- ok.. On the last date of divorce case hearing judge i went alone.. judge didn't ask me to prepare the issues etc.. as far as i know matter is listed for prosecution evidence.. so will the judge frame the issues before my husband's cross examine starts ? Or at what stage?

(Guest)

lata part 2

(Guest)

lata part 2

(Guest)

lata part 2

(Guest)

lata part 2

(Guest)

lata part 2

(Guest)

lata part 2