LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

umesh maurya   28 February 2018

Next step after District Consumer Forum

can anyone tell me if District Forum , Bareilly UP, ordered in my(complainant) favour, what possible steps can OP take reaching out to the State Forum?

Learning

4 Replies

Ambanshu Sahni   28 February 2018

Dear Umesh

The OP can file an appeal under Section 15 of Consumer Protection Act, 1986. The Section is reproduced below for ease your refrence.

"Appeal. — Any person aggrieved by an order made by the District Forum may prefer an appeal against such order to the State Commission within a period of thirty days from the date of the order, in such form and manner as may be prescribed:

Provided that the State Commission may entertain an appeal after the expiry of the said period of thirty days if it is satisfied that there was sufficient cause for not finding it within that period.

Provided further that no appeal by a person, who is required to pay any amount in terms of an order of the District Forum, shall be entertained by the State Commission unless the appellant has deposited in the prescribed manner fifty per cent. of that amount or twenty-five thousand rupees"

Warmly

Ambanshu Sahni

2 Like

umesh maurya   28 February 2018

Thanks Sahni ji, if OPs ( Lenovo India Pvt Ltd & Service Centre) reach out to State Commission Lucknow (UP), how can i manage the case from my city Bareilly far away 260 km ? it will be troublesome to me because i am daily paid worker.please guide me i don't know anything about it.

Ambanshu Sahni   28 February 2018

Dear Umesh

You would need to have a counsel in Lucknow to represent you. Anyways there is no bar you can represent yourself in the commission.

Warmly

Ambanshu Sahni

2 Like

Suri.Sravan Kumar (senior)     01 March 2018

he has two options

1. To prefer appeal

2. to  compromise the issue

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register