LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

T.S. Balasubramanian (Advisor)     30 January 2018

Cir. no. 67 dt. 03.11.2011 by ig regn. tamilnadu

Government of Tamil Nadu has issued the Circular dated 20.10.2017, wherein Circular No.67 dated 03.11.2011 in C.No.52338/C1/2011 by IG Registration, Tamilnadu has been withdrawn. The question now is what will happen to those cancellations done by the Registrars prior to this Govt. order on 20.10.2107? I mean, will the order be effective in retrospect? Thanks in advance.

Learning

2 Replies

R.Ramachandran (Advocate)     31 January 2018

No retrospective effect. The only thing is that the instructions given in the earlier circular will no longer be mandatorily followed by the authorities. That's all.

T.S. Balasubramanian (Advisor)     09 February 2018

Sir, Thank you  for your kind response. Nevertheless,  I see a Registrar’s order  dated 12.04.2012 following the Cir. No. 67 being quashed by the High Court of Madras (W.P. 13804 of 2012, Marakkal Vs  IG of Registration,TN and others)  citing the withdrawal order on 20.10.2017 by the same IG.

in my case, my property fraudulently sold using a bogus power was given a relief by the Registrar in his order on 15.05.2012 following the same Cir. No. 67. But he refused to prosecute the party citing manpower shortage. Can the registrar quash his order now without informing me?  If so, what is the relief he gives me on my complaint? Can I insist upon the registrar to prosecute the culprits?  Thanks. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register