Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mrs. Delgado   09 January 2018

Writ of replevin

Hello all,

I would like to find out if anyone can help me. I have power of attorney for my husband, at the time the papers were drawn up we were not married. We got power of attorney to get his car back from his ex, my husband has a 2017 Toyota Camry which he asked me to take possession of while he was incarcerated. The power of attorney specifically says to take possesion of his car, along with other things. The police say it's a civil matter, how do I get the car back being that it is only in my husbands name but in the exes possession? I tried having the car repossed from where the loan was taking out but they can't get the car because she is hiding it. The payments are four months behind which we thought she was making payments on the car but found out last week that she hasn't made one payment on the car and this is the reason we would like to get the car back so we may do a voluntary surrender. Is there anything I can do to get the car back? The officer I spoke to said to get a writ of replevin, at this point I am unsure of what to do or what should I do being that I only have power of attorney stating I take possession of his car. Is there any way I can file a civil suit on my own being that he gave the car to me? Thank you all in advance.

Mrs. Delgado


 4 Replies

R.Ramachandran (Advocate)     09 January 2018

You have to get in touch with a lawyer in your locality and discuss the things with him in detail, and take his advice.  This is because, many things you will not be able to explain here in this open forum.

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     09 January 2018

Mrs.Delgado, follow the opinion given by R.Ramachandran.

Rajeev Kumar (Lawyer/Advocate)     09 January 2018

You should take advice of local advocate

R.K Nanda (Advocate)     09 January 2018

take help of local lawyer

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query