Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

kanchan   28 December 2017

State of maharashtra and other

Hello ,

I am a law student and i want to know that whenever  there is a petition of      X vs the state of Maharashtra and others . Here who comes under the state of Maharashtra and others? 

who are the others?

Learning

3 Replies

pankaj verma   20 January 2018

I wanted to change my father name in ssc marksheet maharashtra board i

pankaj verma   20 January 2018

I wanted to change my father name in ssc marksheet maharashtra board. Name printed is 'shikandar' it should be 'sikandar' because i had done d pharmacy in banglore city i should not face any problem on applying pharmacy liscence in adhar information my father name i 'sikandar' so what should i do to change my father name please help me ?

JINALI SHAH   10 May 2021

In any case, mostly in criminal cases, you can find the name of the person versus the State of the name. 

For example:-  X  v/s. The State of Maharashtra & Others

Whenever any crime is committed like murder, rape, etc. It is said that a crime is committed not only against the victim but against society at large. And that is why the State is made a party in the case. Whenever a state is made a party to a case, a public prosecutor that is a government lawyer will represent the case for the victim. 

And others means all the respective authorities that are made a party in the case. 

For example:- Others can include the Director-General of Police, Commissioner of Police, Government of Maharashtra, etc. depending upon the case. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register