Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anil Lalcheta   25 December 2017

Contempt of Court

Learned Advocates,

In a civil case of mine i happen to be the plaintiff and the defendants are the Bank and a regional stick exchange . 

Our prayer is that the stock exchange has open a bank account of plaintiff name illegally in bank in the year 1996

HOWEVER there is a stay in our favor not to operate these account by defendant 

Now... We had filed a application to the court to grant us a TDS CERTIFICATE so that it helps in filing of income tax return. 

Honourable lower court passed the order for the same grantung us TDS CERTIFICATE 

After asking many times for the certificate bank didn't give us TDS CERTIFICATE..... 

Hence we filed an application for the contempt of court in the same court... And gave evidences which proved that defendants willingly disobeyed the court order

Surprisingly the court rejected our application of contempt without any grounds...... CAN WE GO TO DISTRICT COURT???? 

NOTE:the order for tds certificate was not a final order but an interim order

Learning

2 Replies

Bhanuprakash K G   25 December 2017

In my opinion, you have to exhaust the remedies available under Laws relating to Banking before approaching the Court.  Details of tax deducted at source are also available in 26AS statement, which can be accessed by the assessee per Income Tax e filing site.   

1 Like

(Guest)
Thanks for your reply sir, but this is an interim order and this can be a defence for our claim

Can we go to district court for the same as taluka court has rejected contempt application without any grounds??

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register