LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mohammed   22 November 2017

Oci Indian high commission London refused

Oci refused and Indian high commission London for a absurd reason. High Commission of India, India House, Aldwych London WC2B 4NA Respected Sir/Madam, Re: OCI Application No. GBRL0D2DAN17 I, MOHAMMED, a citizen of United Kingdom and holding Passport No.qwert had applied for OCI Card vide Application No. GBRL0D2DAN17. I have been informed by VFS vide email dated 11/10/2017 that I am not eligible for an OCI card as I work for �Security�. I understand that this issue arises from question no. 37 of the Part-B of the OCI Application which is as follows: Whether the applicant(s) (other than minor child/children) has worked / is working in Armed Forces/Para-military/Police/security/intelligence organizations? I would like to assure you that the context referred above in relation to security organization of a country does not apply to the firm that I am employed with. SECURITAS SECURITY SERVICES (UK) LIMITED is registered as a Private Limited Company bearing Company Number 01146486[1][1] with the Companies House in the UK. Securitas UK is part of the global Securitas Brand[2][2], founded in 1934 in Stockholm Sweden and listed on NASDAQ Stockholm stock exchange since 1991[3][3]. The company has 335,945 employees[4][4] worldwide and more than 11,000 employees in the UK[5][5]. I work for the Property Management branch of Securitas UK and currently work for one of our clients - Barrowgate Properties since 2012. Barrowgate Properties is a property management company. My role at Barrowgate is largely administrative in nature and job duties involve managing the front office, working with the facilities team, accepting deliveries etc.. I have no connection whatsoever with Armed Forces, Para-military, Police Force, Security Agencies, or Intelligence organization of any government. To this effect, I am enclosing a letter from the Human Resources Department of my organization, which was previously submitted to VFS. Hence, I request you to consider my OCI application in the light of the submission made above. This is of great importance to me that my OCI application is successful as I recently acquired citizenship of the UK and was an Indian citizen till June 2017. My entire family is based in India. My parents are old and I will be frequently travelling to India to visit them in my hometown. It is unlikely that they will be able to travel often. This is my main reason for getting an OCI card in addition to host of other factors that will need my attention in India, time and again. I will be extremely grateful if you could assist me in this matter at the earliest. Please do not hesitate to contact me in case you need any further supporting documents or information. I will be happy to provide the same at the earliest. Yours Sincerely, Mohammed Their response is still the same .can any one help me with this issue please .

Learning

5 Replies

Please help me out

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     22 November 2017

Civil writ of mandamus can be filled against the ministry of external affairs to get this matter sorted out. You need to file the civil writ in Delhi High Court through lawyer here as the Ministry of External Affairs based in New Delhi. Your whole explanation with regard to the objection of working with security agency, although of private organizations can only be sorted out by judiciary not by bureaucratic officials.

Thank you sir for the prompt reply .is this is time consuming process

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     23 November 2017

Litigation in India is always time and money consuming process but without it you cannot live and enjoy legal benefits as in your case.

vijaymahajan5758@gmail.com 

KISHAN DUTT KALASKAR (Advocate)     25 November 2017

I agree with Mr. Vijay Raj.

It is a very mind boggling question needs some more explanation which is reproduced as follows:

Who can be an OCI?

(This list was expanded as of 9 January 2015)

1. A person who used to be an Indian citizen
  2. A person with at least one parent, grandparent, or great-grandparent who is/was an Indian citizen
  3. A person married to an Indian citizen or an existing OCI for at least two continuous years

The following groups of people cannot have OCI status:

• Anyone who was ever a citizen of Pakistan or Bangladesh
  • Anyone whose parents or grandparents were citizens of Afghanistan, Pakistan, Bangladesh, China, or Sri Lanka
  • Anyone who served in a foreign military or worked in a foreign defense department

What are the benefits of being an OCI?

• Lifelong multiple entry visa to India
  • You never have to report to the FRRO regardless of the length of your stay
  • You can eventually become a citizen of India if you remain an OCI for 5 years and live in India for at least 1 year (short breaks are now allowed)
  • You can use special counters during immigration
  • You don’t need a student visa to study in India
  • You don’t need an employment visa to get a job
  • You can open a special bank account in India, just like an NRI
  • You can make investments in India
  • You can buy non-farm property and exercise property ownership rights
  • Your can use your OCI card to apply for a driver’s license, open a bank account, or get a PAN card
  • You get the same economic, financial, and education benefits as NRIs (e.g. reserved admission quotas), and you can adopt children like an NRI
  • You pay the Indian resident fee when visiting a national parks, monuments, museums or wildlife sanctuary (of course it is ultimately up to the discretion of the man issuing tickets)

What are the drawbacks?

• You may not purchase agricultural land or farm houses
  • You may not vote
  • You may not hold a government job
  • You may not be elected to a political position
  • You may not travel to restricted areas without permission

How do you become an OCI?

You can apply through the Indian embassy in your country of residence or within India at the local FRRO.

Here is a sample of documentation you will need (see your local consulate for a specific list):

• Proof of present citizenship
  • Proof of former Indian citizenship (for you or your relative)
  • Proof of renunciation of Indian citizenship (if applicable)
  • Proof of relationship to an Indian citizen

The entire process can take several months in some cases. Fees vary from nationality to nationality. If you apply in India, the fee is Rs. 15,000 for an adult or Rs. 8,000 for a minor. You can convert a PIO card to an OCI card if you qualify, and the fees are very nominal.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register