Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Basavaraj   01 November 2017

Who should govt job and pension,death gratuity?

Hi, last month my sister's husband has been expired. He was an govt employee in Karnataka State Govt. My sister's husband has 2 sons and 1 daughter from his first marriage. After the death of his first wife he got married to my sister 4 years back. Last month he has expired. My sister is not having any children from her marriage. Now my query is who has the right to get the govt job? My sister or either Sons from her husband's first marriage? who should get the Pension,Death Gratuity?

Learning

4 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     01 November 2017

It I believed that you are all Hindu.

Confirm!

If the deceased employee married (as per your post also) after death of 1st wife the 2nd marriage should be valid and 2nd lady (your sister) should get status of legally wedded wife.

Was this marriage conducted with proper ceremonies and or registered and informed/updated in service record/nominations.

Who is nominated in all?

Have you downloaded the rules pertaining to compassionate employment?

Has she applied for compassionate employment under proper acknowledgment?

If the lady's marriage is valid she may stake claim for everything under proper acknowledgment.

Pal Vijay   25 November 2018

My maternal grandfather and maternal grandmother has died.He worked in govt. hospital.We are very poor and my father does not do any work.My mother is always sick.Can my mother take my maternal grandfather's pension.please help us.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register