LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

hitendrasinh   13 October 2017

Rule for selection of staff for election duty

can  adhoc staff of the grant in aid collage give duty in elactions . as a poling staff ?

Learning

3 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     13 October 2017

Meet concern authorities for posting.  Section 159 of the R.P. Act,1951 has recently been amended by the R.P. (Amendment) Act,1998 (Act No.12 of 1998). According to the said Section 159, as amended, the following authorities, when so requested by the CEO of the State, shall make available to any Returning Officer such staff as may be necessary for the performance of any duties in connection with an election :-
(i) every local authority;
(ii) every university established or incorporated by or under a Central, Provincial or State Act;
(iii) a Government company as defined in section 617 of the Companies Act,1956;
(iv) any other institution, concern or undertaking which is established by or under a Provincial or State Act or which is controlled, or financed wholly or substantially by funds provided, directly or indirectly, by the Central Government or a State Government.
In view of the above statement to Law, staff of any of the above mentioned authorities, companies, institutions, concerns or undertakings can be requisitioned and put on election duty, in addition to employees of Central and State Governments.

hitendrasinh   14 October 2017

thanks for reply

I am employee of college not a state government. (My salary is given by college)    So I want to know that election duty is compulsory for  me  or  not ? .  Can I say No for Election Duty ?  

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     15 October 2017

in which capacity you are appointed in election duty.                         

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register