LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kumar Mahesh   22 September 2017

Male employee,s transfer on spouse in bank

Dear experts i have been working in public sector bank and recently on promotion i have posted in Jalandhar whereas my wife has been working as State Govt Teacher in UP which is non transferable job .now when i moved on in my bank for my transfer to U.P. on spouse ground then it was denied by stating that this facility is only for female employees.only female employees can seek transfer on spouse ground. Now i request you to help me get out of this trap.

Learning

5 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     23 September 2017

File RTI Application to your Bank CPIO and get a certified copy  of such stipulation and policy circular or write to your Union for providing the copy.  You can even download from your Bank website, if you have such ID and password.

Kumar Mahesh   23 September 2017

sir i have read the bank's circular . It is written there that you can get transfer on spouse ground (female only). If u wish i can post circular here

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     23 September 2017

Not needed.  When there is a well laid down norm, for your sake the bank can not overlook and violate the rules and regulations.

Now search in DOPT O.M. and find out their circular on such transfers.  I remember well that there was never any such stipulation for PSUs under Central Government  , as every organisation has to implement DOPT directives.

If you find convenient stipulation helpful to you, immediately go to pgportal on line and file this as grievance in DOPT.pointing out the anomoly.  

That is all what can be done ultimately.

Mohit Khanna   16 September 2018

Kumar Mahesh... Have you been transferred to desired place?

जितेश मिना सुभाष जाधव   22 March 2021

Respected Members, 

Im working in BOB since last 5 years and my wife is working in MS state govt. At the time of marriage i thought that i can get transfer on spouse basis. But after reading the banks circular i came to know that, this facility is is available only for females staff. We are married before 2 years till date im asking to Unions, HR officials but nobody wants to help me. Please help me sir we are suffering alot. 

Eagerly waiting for the genuine reply.🙏🏻

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register