LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kaushik Shetye   04 September 2017

Leave encashment

I was working as an Admin.Officer in a School in Pune which has no Govt.Grant but run by The Parsee Charitable Trust. The Principal is very dominating and like a dictator, who threatens the staff by using her power of being female & a wife of The Major General in Indian Army. More than 10 Secretaries haveleft the job in 5 years of time, who were directly reporting to her. There are more than 30 staff who are working more than 5 years as temporary staff and paid on vouchers without PF and without an Appointment Letter. No leave record, No leave register for them. Permanent staff has 10 days of Diwali vacation, 25 days of Summer vacation and 12 days casual leave, i.e. total 47 days leave per year is allowed. I was not allowed to avail any leave. I have worked 47 days X 5 years = 235 days. That means I have worked for 5 years without any leave except Sunday. This is just because of her own rules & regulations. In fact I was not given an Appointment Letter at the initial stage but after 4 years my signature was taken on the Second copy of the Appointment Letter and taken it back without giving me an original copy of the Appt. Letter. I was forced to put a date of 4 years back. This was done by a school’s Advocate and a Librarian and an Accountant as per the instructions of the Principal Madam in her presence. She always pass the derogatory comments to insult the staff members including myself. She has called me Chakka/Hizada infront of all too. I resigned after 5 years with proper notice period. I received my last month’s salary as well as PF & Gratuity. I applied for the Leave Encashment with many reminders but no response. Please advise.

Learning

6 Replies

Isaac Gabriel (Advocate)     04 September 2017

Issue ntice and file awrit for direction.

1 Like

Kumar Doab (FIN)     08 September 2017

As discussed in other threads, you can also explore help of Board, Dept. of Education , School Tribunal...........

1 Like

Kaushik Shetye   08 September 2017

Thank younSir...

Kaushik Shetye   08 September 2017

OK sir, let me try..

You are welcome.

Originally posted by : Kaushik Shetye
I was working as an Admin.Officer in a School in Pune which has no Govt.Grant but run by The Parsee Charitable Trust. The Principal is very dominating and like a dictator, who threatens the staff by using her power of being female & a wife of The Major General in Indian Army. More than 10 Secretaries haveleft the job in 5 years of time, who were directly reporting to her. There are more than 30 staff who are working more than 5 years as temporary staff and paid on vouchers without PF and without an Appointment Letter. No leave record, No leave register for them.
Permanent staff has 10 days of Diwali vacation, 25 days of Summer vacation and 12 days casual leave, i.e. total 47 days leave per year is allowed. I was not allowed to avail any leave. I have worked 47 days X 5 years = 235 days. That means I have worked for 5 years without any leave except Sunday. This is just because of her own rules & regulations. In fact I was not given an Appointment Letter at the initial stage but after 4 years my signature was taken on the Second copy of the Appointment Letter and taken it back without giving me an original copy of the Appt. Letter. I was forced to put a date of 4 years back. This was done by a school’s Advocate and a Librarian and an Accountant as per the instructions of the Principal Madam in her presence. She always pass the derogatory comments to insult the staff members including myself. She has called me Chakka/Hizada infront of all too. I resigned after 5 years with proper notice period. I received my last month’s salary as well as PF & Gratuity. I applied for the Leave Encashment with many reminders but no response. Please advise.

Other Points raised by you: Can not establish with irrefutable evidence?

If No what is the point in having burden of litigation on these!

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register