LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sam   20 July 2017

Paranoid divorce help required

It has been 8 years of our marriage. My wife has paranoid szhizophrenia (confimed in the year 2015). We have been living separately for last one year (at our parents place respectively), due to certain paranoid incidents and adultry blame on me. 

My queries are as follows

1) What if my wife tries to commit suicide or again harm someone or lodge police complaint against me due to her illness?

2) What if she tries to enter my parental house forcibly? 

3) How can I safeguard my family and myself in such a case? Is lodging the case based on cruelty first a good option?

Learning

6 Replies

Raveena Kataria (Advocate )     21 July 2017

Hi, before I offer you with any legal advice, I'd suggest that you or anyone have your wife treated for her mental condition. Schizophrenia cannot be cured but it is something which can be stabalized by taking proper medication.

In my opinion, instead of filing for divorce, you can opt for the annullment of marriage by filing for a decree of nullity as per section 12(b) of the Hindu Marriage Act (assuming you got married as per the provisions of this act.)

Section 12(b) read with section 5(ii)(b) of the act implies that your marriage is voidable at your consent, since your wife has been suffering from mental disorder "of such a kind or to such an extent as to be unfit for marriage and the procreation of children;"

1 Like

Ms. Usha Hegde (CEO)     21 July 2017

Originally posted by : Sam
It has been 8 years of our marriage. My wife has paranoid szhizophrenia (confimed in the year 2015). We have been living separately for last one year (at our parents place respectively), due to certain paranoid incidents and adultry blame on me. 

My queries are as follows

1) What if my wife tries to commit suicide or again harm someone or lodge police complaint against me due to her illness?

2) What if she tries to enter my parental house forcibly? 

3) How can I safeguard my family and myself in such a case? Is lodging the case based on cruelty first a good option?

1)  Since 8 years what were you carving?

2)  What if my wife inserts a iron rod into my anus? What if that what if this.

a)   Your wife is paranoid? I think you are paranoid.  Are you sure is it your wife whom you took to the doctor or vice versa?

3)  Why will she enter your parents house forcibly?  Because you guys dont open door.  Open door and let her in.  Then see what she does.  Based on that you can retaliate.

4)  What cruelty? If you cant live with her give her heavy alimony and take mutual divorce.  Moreover stop drinking.  Drinking makes ants look like dinosuar.

If you cannot adjust with wife, why did you marry?  Schizhophrenia cannot be proved with some prescripttoins or doctor certificate.

I dont think you have balls even to approach a Lawyer and are doing time pass here..

You get yourself checked with some baba, those guys give jadi buti and adivce you by taking 50 rupia.

Shivani Abroll   21 July 2017

Do whatever but " DO NOT LET HER ENTER YOUR HOUSE" a mentally sick person can do harm to anbody.

Adv Radhika Mehta (Advocate)     21 July 2017

My question to you would be was she suffering from paranoid schizophrenia right from the beginning or is it a recent development? I can understand your apprehensions regarding her re-entry into your parental house.  In that case, i would advise you to file for Divorce on the ground of cruelty and also seek an Injunction therein restraining her from entering the house.  You can also file an NC with your local Police station laying down few facts of your marriage and that you are living in a constant state of apprehension due to her constant threats.  

Sam   21 July 2017

Thanks a lot!

Ms. Usha Hegde (CEO)     22 July 2017

Welcome.                   

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register