LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

manish   07 July 2017

Legal working hours private sector

i want to know the legal working hours for private sector in India. Is it 8 or 9 hours ( including lunch time )

i have also read that time can be strecthed upto maximum 10.5 hours for a day. Is it correct?

What can be done if a company is implying minimum working hours of 10 hours/day. ?? keeping in mind that the company is in service industry.

Learning

8 Replies

Raveena Kataria (Advocate )     07 July 2017

In my opinion, you will have to go through the Shops and Establishment Act of your state, i.e. if you live in Delhi, for instance, please refer to Delhi State and Establishment act.

You can thus know the laws about working hours, holidays, overtime rules, leaves etc.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     07 July 2017

8hrs/day, excluding breaks and 48 hrs/week.

Beyond which OT may apply. There is capping on OT hours.

Break is after 5hours.

Service industry is not sufficient narration.

While posting such queries employee should post basic information!

What is this establishment; Commercial, Industrial?

What is its nature of business say; IT, ITeS?

How many persons are employed in it?

What is your designation and nature of duties?

How many persons report to you?

Do you have any power to sanction leave/increment/appoint/terminate/appraise etc etc ?

You are in which state? Since how many months you are working?

Do standing orders (model/certified) apply to establishment and your designation?

PALANIVEL M   07 July 2017

Sir i need one help, i worked one company but there is no given my salary and not clear my PF account

PALANIVEL M   07 July 2017

Sir i need one help, i worked one company but there is no given my salary and not clear my PF account

While posting such queries employee should post basic information!

What is this establishment; Commercial, Industrial?

What is its nature of business say; IT, ITeS?

How many persons are employed in it?

What is your designation and nature of duties?

How many persons report to you?

Do you have any power to sanction leave/increment/appoint/terminate/appraise etc etc ?

You are in which state? Since how many months you are working?

Do standing orders (model/certified) apply to establishment and your designation?

What is notice period as per appointment letter/offer letter and what was notice period tendered by

you?

Was ever any stinker, memo, show cause notice on any misconduct issued to you?

Are you a member of employee’s/trade unions?

Has the establishment issued/supplied, salary slips of all months, PF number and a/c slips of all

years, ESIC card,?

Shivanya   12 July 2017

On a general note the working hours including lunch time is 9 hours per day. Some superior papers mention that anything above these timings should be considered as over time. Based on the company the OT can be 1.5 times or 2 times the original pay of the individual.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     02 August 2017

Dear LCI querist @PALANIVEL M

Repky to all points.

Wrie to employer to supply you the PF number and a/c slips of all years, salary slips of all months and salary.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register