Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vijay   10 June 2017

Gratuity claim after change of management.

Sir/Madam,

I am working in private college since 1988 as teaching faculty. This college is taken over by new management before one year.

My queries are :

1. Can I claim my gratuity from old management till the date of change of management?

2. If yes, then what is the procedure?

3. If the old management refuses to give gratuity then what action I can take?

4. Is there any provision in Gratuity act to claim such gratuity after change of management?

5. Can new management ask me to collect the previous gratuity from old management and the new management will give me gratuity since they taken over the college?

Please guide,

Thanks,

Vijay

Learning

8 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     10 June 2017

Is salary slip being issued to you?

Does it have name of same (old) establishment that had appointed you?

Did old management issue any communiqué to employees about closure/sale/takeover etc and its effect on continuity of service and service related benefit e.g. Gratuity?

Were all employees asked to resign/did employees resign from past establishment?

Has the new management issued new appointment letter from date of takeover?

If the employees are not informed on such imp. matters by a written communication, then employee’s preferably thru union/Forum may submit written query (under proper acknowledgment) and request to clarify in writing.

The change of management may not necessarily mean closure of past establishment.

The Teachers in private colleges are made eligible form payment of Gratuity w.e.f year 1997.

There are many threads on similar query that you can search in SEARCH option.

Vijay   12 June 2017

1. Salary slip is issued both by old and new management.

2. Name of the establishment is changed. Now there is name of new management on salary slip.

3. The old management has informed the staff regarding takeover by new management. As per the University act the benefits of old management were carried over by new management.

4.No one resigned as it was not asked by both management. As per University act the services are continued even when the management changes.

5. No new appointment letter was issued by new management.

I hope this much information is adequate.

Thanks,

Vijay

Kumar Doab (FIN)     15 June 2017

Originally posted by : Vijay
1. Salary slip is issued both by old and new management.

2. Name of the establishment is changed. Now there is name of new management on salary slip.

3. The old management has informed the staff regarding takeover by new management. As per the University act the benefits of old management were carried over by new management.

4.No one resigned as it was not asked by both management. As per University act the services are continued even when the management changes.

5. No new appointment letter was issued by new management.

I hope this much information is adequate.

Thanks,

Vijay

Hope this information is in writing.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register