LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ritesh Kumar (Software Engineer)     05 May 2017

Sbi credit card fraud

My SBI credit Card no is - 4207 **** **** **** 9625. I had received a call from a lady from the number +917532872629 informing that my reward points have been converted to cash and will be credited to my account. She told me that she is calling from SBI card. They told my credit card details and cvv no which was not given to the lady(Don't know how she got all the details). She transferred my 50,000 rs on 06-01-2017 between 11:25 to 11:45. Now SBI demanding for same amount. I will not pay any amount which I never taken. Please suggest how to deal, I also don't want to be defaulter and don't want to Bad CIBIL score.

Learning

6 Replies

Ritesh Kumar (Software Engineer)     05 May 2017

They are not agree to settle the same. Please suggest how to recover from this.

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     06 May 2017

Give complaint to banking ombudsmen.

Credit Clear (Consultant)     06 May 2017

File a police complaint and contact cyber crime department as you also have a mobile number, it may assist in resolving the case. The woman is definitely not from SBI Card as employees do not have access to the CVV number. 

The bank is not responsible as your CVV is confidential information that can only be seen behind your card and it becomes your responsibility because your details have been compromised after it was handed over to you.  Your CVV details have been stolen from you either at a merchant's premises who uses credit card swipe machine and can note your CVV when you weren't watching or it could have happened in familiar environments also.  Another common way to get your card details is via malware that captures keystrokes while you make online purchases using the credit card. 

Bank system automatically reports non-payment and dues to CIBIL and unless you pay your dues it will keep harming your creditworthiness. If you need assistance with this, submit your details at https://creditclear.in/contact.html.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     06 May 2017

They told my credit card details and cvv no which was not given to the lady(Don't know how she got all the details).”

If the calling female person had all details then what was the need to call you?

Did you share OTP?“

Martin Lois   10 May 2017

Your job is to give a written complaint to cyber cell of your city.

Rest they will take care

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     13 May 2017

Please reply to query of Mr Kumar Doab

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register