LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

amararorapar (Architejsact)     17 April 2017

Anticipatory bail

My wife had filed an FIR and we got it quashed in High Court after compromise. However, we again had differences and i sent her back to her maternal home. Now she has approached the police and filed a complaint against me and instead of a FIR they have registered an NCR. Can i apply for aniticipatory bail?What are the chances that i will get bail since there was already an FIR on me? Will the Police get any intimation that i have applied for anticipatory bail?

Learning

4 Replies

Rajiv kumar (abc)     17 April 2017

WHAT KIND OF FIR?

UNDER WHICH SECTION IT WAS FILED?

WHAT IS CALLED NCR?

WAS FIR QUASHED ? OR YOU JUST TOOK HER BACK ?

IS THERE QUASHING ORDER FROM HIGH COURT? 

IN WHICH STATE YOU ARE PRESENTLY ? 

HOW LONG YOU LIVED AFTER COMPORMISE? 

IS THERE ANY COMPROMISE DEED ? 

Sachin (N.A)     17 April 2017

Originally posted by : amararorapar

My wife had filed an FIR and we got it quashed in High Court after compromise. However, we again had differences and i sent her back to her maternal home. Now she has approached the police and filed a complaint against me and

instead of a FIR they have registered an NCR.

Can i apply for aniticipatory bail?

There is no need to file AB

What are the chances that i will get bail since there was already an FIR on me?

Depends what are the allegations but now you yourself is aware that chances of getting AB is bright

Will the Police get any intimation that i have applied for anticipatory bail?

Police will send you the notice to join the investigation after that be in touch with i/O

amararorapar (Architejsact)     17 April 2017

WHAT KIND OF FIR? UNDER WHICH SECTION IT WAS FILED?
FIR was filed under section 498 (A)

WHAT IS CALLED NCR?
NCR is Non Cognisable Report

WAS FIR QUASHED ? OR YOU JUST TOOK HER BACK ?
We both compromised and decided to live together so got it was quashed in High Court

IS THERE QUASHING ORDER FROM HIGH COURT?
Yes, there is a order from High Court. Order States that "that immediately or in the near future after this petition is quashed if the husband withdraws from the society of the respondent(wife) the quash petition will be revoked and criminal proceedings will be reviwed and based on this condition the petition is allowed.

IN WHICH STATE YOU ARE PRESENTLY ?
In Karnataka

HOW LONG YOU LIVED AFTER COMPORMISE? IS THERE ANY COMPROMISE DEED ?
We lived for 2 months together. Again there was fights between us and i sent her out of the house and its been three months since then.

IS THERE ANY COMPROMISE DEED ?
Yes, there is an affidavit given by her where she stated that she agrees to quash due to advice from elders and wants to give another chance for marriage and  to live with me.

Read more at: https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Anticipatory-bail-148978.asp#reply

MANOJ HARIT (LAWYER)     17 April 2017

U don't need to go for any ABA. NCR means police can't arrest u. So relax & stop fighting with your wife. Obey the HC conditions of quashing. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register