LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Suparna Bhattacharya   16 April 2017

torture of aged parents by son and son in law

my own aged uncle and aunt are being mentally tortured, verbally abused and financially not supported by my cousin brother who is working in a bank and his wife.Their behaviour has pushed my uncle and aunt, who are now entirely dependent on their son's financial support, to the brink of suicide.As parents they are not eager to file a complaint against the son.Can we as relatives take legal step to prevent this torture? please help

Learning

10 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     16 April 2017

Record irrefutable evidence of abuse etc .

Advocate Rohit (Advocate)     16 April 2017

Yes you may approach the local police station and lodge a complaint against the son and his wife for torturing his parents. It is the utmost duty of the child to maintain his parents and if they are being ill treated whether mentally and/or physically, then the law will take its own recourse.

Regards

Adv. Rohit M. Dalmia

(Guest)
Best way is to immediately let his mother file Domestic violence case and get many interim reliefs including maintenance. Then let them both file crpc 125 for maintenance.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     17 April 2017

Originally posted by : Suparna Bhattacharya
my own aged uncle and aunt are being mentally tortured, verbally abused and financially not supported by my cousin brother who is working in a bank and his wife.Their behaviour has pushed my uncle and aunt, who are now entirely dependent on their son's financial support, to the brink of suicide.As parents they are not eager to file a complaint against the son.Can we as relatives take legal step to prevent this torture? please help

Find a compassionate boss in his bank and discuss in private.

A word from Boss may be sufficient to drill permanent sense into the head.

Find a compassionate police official  and discuss in private.

A word from police official may be sufficient to drill permanent sense into the head.  

Find a compassionate NGO/SR. Citizens help Group and discuss in private.

A word from them may be sufficient to drill permanent sense into the head.   

All of you can come forward and take care of financial needs of aged and Sr.Citizen parents.

It is a noble cause.

stanley (Freedom)     17 April 2017

@ Author 

They can apply under Maintenance and Welfare of Parents and Senior Citizens Act, 2007 for maintenance and the court would decide accordingly .

DEEPAK (ADVOCATE)     16 June 2017

The rights of aged person are protected now. Son and daughter in law shall be thrown out of house and maintenence shall be assured under the Senior Citizen Act 2007

Kumar Doab (FIN)     16 June 2017

If parents have now agreed to file a complaint then Maintenance and Welfare of Parents and Senior Citizens Act, 2007, does provide a speedy,inexpensive, sure remedy.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register