Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anuradha   14 April 2017

Eviction of tenant (no rental agreement)

Hi,

We have given my brother's house (who lives in US) on rent and his family is living there since 3+ years. Unfortunately there is no rental agreement. They stopped paying rent since 8 months nor vacating the flat. Is there a way that we can get the house vacated ASAP.

If i send a written demand of payment of past due rent, is there a way that my tenant can again put a false claim saying that he is paying only x (meagre) amount of rent  or so and extend the case further?

In addition he is not paying the maintenance to the apartment association since 2 months. Is there a way that association can take action by cutting the water supply or anything?

Thanks

AP

Learning

1 Replies

Advocate Ram Prasad (Chief Lawyer)     14 April 2017

Dear Anuradha-

Who has given rent to this tenant- Ur brother as the owner or u?. Plz get a lawyer to prepare a GPA to derive authority from ur bro to u to manage, maintain, collect rents etc to u and serve a quit notice on the tenant for vacation & for rents due. Self help of cutting amenities of water electricity is not permitted by law. if u do that he will sue u & also he will question ur authority to do that as ur not the owner. the court will rule in his favour then. get a lawyer to file an eviction on the tenant with proper authorisation then u can conduct the case. which city is d propert? Get a local lawyer & proceed. All the best.---Adv Ram Prasad +91-91777-22930.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register