LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

realitylive2266 (NONE)     13 April 2017

Divorce by mutual consent..name change after marriage

Hi guys...Please help with a peculiar problem I am facing...After marriage we got the marriage registered and post-registration, my wife legally changed her name from ABC to XYZ and replaced her surname with my surname. The notice was published in the gazette, a copy of which I have. Now, the first motion for divorce by mutual consent is to be filed. She will get X amount as consideration, part of it on first motion and part after 6 months, on second motion.

After she legally changed her name to XYZ, she did not change her name in her bank account or PAN card. She did however started using her changed name XYZ in her office. During preperaion of application for divorce by mutal consent, she said her name is ABC (maiden name) not XYZ (legal name after marriage) so her name was mentioned as XYZ@ABC. She has not done any legal proceeding for changing her name from married name XYZ to her maiden name ABC after she left my home last year.

Now she wants to me to give the DD for part of X amount on date of first motion in her maiden name ABC just because she has the account in her maiden name ABC. I think this will create problems for me as her legal name for all purposes is XYZ after publication in the gazette. I have copy of the gazette.

Please help, if I should make the DD in her maiden name ABC just because she says so, or in her married name XYZ which was published in the gazette.

Thank you in advance.

Learning

3 Replies

Sachin (N.A)     13 April 2017

You can write these things in settllement deed / petiton that her name is "this" as per noitification. and her maiden name is "that" and because she has not changed the name in her back account. DD is issued as per the name mentioned in her bank account at the request of < your wife  name >

realitylive2266 (NONE)     13 April 2017

Thank you for your suggestion. Will do this.

Mukesh sharma (job )     13 April 2017

Hello if she changed her name with register process and publish her new name in public newspaper as per law so now if she take help of these thing to cheat you than you show her name change proof in court and give all things in written to court which she has been done for change name 

there nothing difference and not take any help of her name old show in bank account and she could not proceed any legal proocding 

collect avidence and all in written 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register