Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ANKIT KIRITBHAI SHAH (ADVOCATE)     08 February 2017

Liability for transfer fees

Sir,

I purachsed a flat in re-sale in Surat, Gujarat. The society is not co-operative housing society or co-operative housing service society yet. President of society is demanding Rs. 25,000 as transfer fees when there is no bye laws.

Should I pay transfer fees? When society became co-operative housing society, will am I liable for Rs. 25,000 transfer fees as the people who purchased flat from builders have not paid the membership fees.

I humbly request to please answer as soon as possible. Thanking you in advance.

Learning

2 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     08 February 2017

1. It is necessary to deposit admission fee, transfer fee and transfer premium along with transfer application.
  2. Amount of Premium shall be maximum Rs.25,000/-. Similarly it shall be Rs.25,000/- or the amount which was approved by the General body meeting of the society whichever is less. The said provision is applicable to all the flat and plot owner’s of society.
  3. Transfer premium is not necessary for deceased member, mutual transfer among two members of the society or transfer among family members.
  4. You can file a complaint to the registrar of cooperative societies, if society is not formed. 

ANKIT KIRITBHAI SHAH (ADVOCATE)     09 February 2017

Sir

Can you please clarify what is the difference between co-operative housing society and co-operative housing service society?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register