LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Abhinav Gulechha   28 January 2017

Document signed by nri out of india and sent to india

If NRI sigsn a document (say an ITRV in case of income tax return, or as party to a contract for services) sitting outside India and sends it to India, is it acceptable and valid in Indian courts?

If not, then how can NRI sign documents from out of India to be valid? Is Power of Attorney to a person in India the only option? 

Please guide. Thanks in advance.

Learning

2 Replies

Adv. Yogen Kakade (+ 91 9225510883)     29 January 2017

Please mention the details of the case. The details of the case in which the documents are to be submitted and your role in the same case. Whether the authentication of the said documents are questioned in the court?

Adv. Yogen Kakade

Jurycon Incorporation

Advocates & Consultants
Email: juryconincorporation@gmail.com
Web: www.juryconn.in   Call: 020-65248888 / 09225510883

Abhinav Gulechha   09 March 2017

Situations are as follows:

#1: I am a CA and file tax return for my client. The ITR V need to be signed by client but he is based out of India.Can he sign and send it across for onward sending to CPC office in Bengaluru? 

#2: I am an Investment Adviser and enter into an agreement for investment advisory services with client, who is based out of India. 

In both the above cases, does a signature made outside India is valid according to Indian laws? Or there is a requirement that a POA holder based in India, and duly authorised by NRI is only allowed to sign the docs?

Please advise. Thanks!

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register