LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rahul (Service)     04 January 2017

Nri poa format for property purchase

I am buying one property. I am NRI. The below mentioned format I have prepared. Request your approval whether it is correct. SPECIAL POWER OF ATTORNEY THIS SPECIAL POWER OF ATTORNEY is executed at Dubai, UAE on this 28th day of December 2016 by _________, son of Mr. ______ & Mrs. ________wife of Mr. ______, presently residing at _________ Muscat, Sultanate of Oman, hereinafter referred to as the ‘Executants’. WHEREAS, the above named Executants, have booked an apartment/Unit, having Super Built up area 530 sq. ft. bearing No. _____in the project known as ______, situated at _______ (hereinafter called the “Said Unit”), developed by ________(herein called the “Developer). AND WHEREAS the Executants due to their employment are staying in Muscat, Sultanate of Oman and is not possible for them to be present personally to sign and execute the Sale Deed of the Said Unit and to present the same for registration. NOW, THEREFORE, BY THESE PRESENTS, We, Mr. _________ the above named Executants, do hereby jointly & severally nominate, authorize, constitute and appoint _______, son of _____resident of ______ as our true and lawful attorney, hereinafter referred to as the ‘Said Attorney’, in fact and in law for us and in our name and on our behalf for the purposes mentioned hereinabove and particular this is to say: 1. To sign and execute documents with Developer as and when required for Sale Deed of the Said Unit and to represent the same in the office of Developer for taking physical possession of the Said Unit and for the said purposes, to sign any application, affidavit, documents, undertaking and/or any other documents in respect of or in connection with the Said Unit and to submit the same in the office of Developer, which are required by the Developer for handing over possession of the Said Unit. 2. To take actual physical possession of the Said Unit at site from the Developer. 3. To sign, verify and submit any application affidavit, undertaking etc, which may be required in respect of the Said Unit, for the purposes of registration mentioned hereinabove. 4. To sign and execute Sale Deed of the Said Unit or any other deed, on our behalf and present the same before the concerned Sub-Registrar for execution thereof and also to take back the same after due registration. 5. To purchase Stamp paper in our name from the concerned office/authority for the registration formalities. 6. And to do all such acts, deeds, matters and things as the Developer deem fit, proper and necessary in respect of the Said Unit and/or incidental for the powers mentioned hereinabove or connected therewith. And We, the above-named Executants, do hereby agree and undertake that all the acts, deeds, matters and things, etc lawfully done by the Said Attorney in respect of the Said Unit and for the purposes mentioned hereinabove shall always be deemed, attorney and ratified and shall be construed as acts, deeds, matters and things legally done by us and shall always remain valid, legal and binding on us. We have signed and executed this Special Power of Attorney, authorized in this behalf, on the place, date, month and year mentioned above. SIGNED, EXECUTED & DELIVERED …………………….. Mr. - Executants & ……………………...Mrs. - Executants Accepted by me, Mr. _________ - Said Attorney

Learning

2 Replies

Adv. Yogen Kakade (+ 91 9225510883)     07 January 2017

This is a general format of POA and it seems you have downloaded it from some website.

So far the content is right, but the format seems to be uploaded long back, as now a days the sub-registrar does not allow the POA for the purpose of execution of the property related conveyance. For other works realted to the propety, this format is ok.

You have to get it authenticated from the Indian ambessy in the country you are residing currently.

Adv. Yogen Kakade

Jurycon Incorporation

Advocates & Consultants
Email: juryconincorporation@gmail.com
Web: www.juryconn.in   Call: +9120-65248888 / +91 9225510883

Nivedita   18 September 2020

Dear Mr. Rahul

I understand buying property in India for an NRI can be a tedious process. This resource- NRI property buying in India has proven to help my NRI friend with all the legal documentation and procedure required to buy property in India. Hope it helps!

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register