LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

MD SALAUDDIN MANSOORI   08 December 2016

Succession certificate to a minor

Dear Sir, The Deputy Commissioner in Arunachal Pradesh has issued a succession certificate to a Minor(16 years) to receive payment of balances lying at the credit of SB account of his deceased father. His both the parents are deceased.Sir, kindly advise the validity of such Succession Certificate in the courts of Law of the land and can a Banker is bound to make payment of balances on the strength of such certificate.

Learning

5 Replies

Ms.Usha Kapoor (CEO)     09 December 2016

A court alone has power to issue sucession certifcate based on its strength the minor boy can claim balances of his father standing to his father's credit in a Bank.If you appreciate this answer Please give me all my profile likes.

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     09 December 2016

A civil court has alone power to isue succession certificate,Bank is not bound to

make payment of balances on the strength of such certificate and.
can refuse for making payments

rahul abhyankar (advocate)     11 December 2016

A civilcourt has power to issue succession certificate, Bank will not accept any other type of succession certificate.

which Deputy Commissioner has issued certificate.... its not clear... still you can approach the senior division (civil) district court for the succession certificate.

Kundan Kr. Singh (Advocate)     11 December 2016

Deputy commissioner can issue only surviving certificate.On the basis of such certificate bank can release the deceased deposited amount.

Shivanya   13 March 2017

Certification for minors are difficult and I don't think any one will give a certification to a minor. In the articles of Content Writing Hyderabad there are some legal procedures explained for the minor people. I hope you will get the appropriate help from it. Do share your experinces.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register