Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Tapan K Mitra (Engineer )     01 December 2016

Mutate a property in gujrat in name of single daughter.

My father is the owner of the property in,Gujrat and at present shifted to his ancestral Place in Lucknow.

He is not well and wishes to mutate the property in Gujrat in my name. I am the only daughter and sole inheritor of his property. He has even made a will in my name for his movable and imovable assets. He Wishes to see the transfer of property in my name while he is alive. 

He is not in a position to travel to Gujrat and attend to the Court and subregistrar office due to his health conditions.

Can this process of Mutation be completed by Power of attorney to his old friend residing in Gujrat ? What will be the Mutation cost and how long it can take?  

We are open to hire a local lawyer in this regard , provided we get clear instructions and advise from him.

Learning

4 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     01 December 2016

Preferably register the WILL.

It shall be better to engage a very able counsel to draft the deeds/POA to defend your interest.

Had it been same city where the property is located the Registar could have deputed the official for signatures at home of owner confined to bed.

You can search in the LCI databank at:

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/lawyers_search/

LCI expert Mr. Ravi K Goud is from gujarat.

You may check with him.

Tapan K Mitra (Engineer )     01 December 2016

Thanks Mr Kumar Doab for your immediate reply and guidance. 

We are getting very contradictory versions. For mutation thru POA, the POA holder should be a blood relation of my father?

We have no such relative in Gujrat state. The POA for my father''s freind has been made and notarised at Lucknow.

Can any learned council guide us with clear procedure.

The local lawyer at Gujarat and Lucknow  can provide you with clarity.

You may check with LCI expert Mr. Kirti Kar Tripathi, Lucknow.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register