LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

mkm   03 November 2016

Safeguard available to tenants

Dear all I had a query Nowadays in most cases the landlord does only 11 months agreement with a tenant. Suppose, Mr.A takes a commercial space on rent with an usual 11 months agreement and makes a showroom say KFC, investing Rs. 1 crore on interiors etc. Now if after 11 months at the time of renewal, the landlord says to Mr.A Case1: either to doube the rental citing increase in market rate or vacant the space. OR Case2: the landlord needs the space for his personal use and so Mr.A will have to vacant the space on 3 months notice. In such cases what safeguards does a tenant has. Please explain. As I am thinking to take a commercial space on rent.

Learning

2 Replies

YOGESHWAR. (ADVOCATE HIGH COURT-criminal /civil -youract@gmail.com)     03 November 2016

Yes there are solutions but property matters legal expanes are heavy. If you can afford than landlord  can not  evacuate you nor unreasonable rent can be increased.

mkm   03 November 2016

Sir what u suggested is not a solution, as this is what one will have to do in case dispute arise. I was asking about solution that one should follow while taking a property on rent. Something that big retail chains like big bazar and others must be following. So that chances of such dispute arising is minimal.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register