LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

M. PIRAVI PERUMAL (Advocate & Consumer Rights)     09 February 2010

QUERY REGARDING CIRCUIT BENCHES

Can any of our learned members provide me the GO issued by any  State Government for setting up of Circuit Bench of State Consumer Disputes Redressal Commission u/s 17-B of the Consumer Protection Act - 1986 ?

Learning

3 Replies

Anil Agrawal (Retired)     09 February 2010

To my knowledge, no bench of Commission has been set up any State Government so far.

Thyagarajan (Property management)     10 February 2010

Dear Sir,

Dear Sir,

Apex court is becoming perturbed by consumer forums in dealing with cases that are out of its jurisdiction involving especially Government run organizations. It will not be in a far time that the consumer forums will be dealing with petty cases to solve unfair trade practices and defects on goods. All ready Lawyers are bent upon approaching High Courts as they were doing before. Hence there will be waning interest in Consumer Forums. Thus it becomes immaterial where the Forums are situated.  

M. PIRAVI PERUMAL (Advocate & Consumer Rights)     10 February 2010

Dear Mr. Anil,  I like to inform you that  Circuit Bench of State Consumer Disputes Redresal Commission are functioning in Andhra Pradesh & Kerala.

Dear Mr. Thiagarajan, Can you specify in which judgement the Apex Court has made such comments as stated my you.  Without proper understanding/reading the Act the comments has been made. Hence it is not fit to make any further comments on your views.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register