LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Piyush Atey   18 October 2016

Upsc drink and drive

My friend has cleared the UPSC prelims 2016. Last week he was caught for drink and drive.no damage was caused to either the people around or property and even him. The cops registered a FIR and i bailed him out. Next day taken to the court pleaded guilty and paid fine.He is in a lot of depression has worked a lot for the exam.The cops and a couple of lawyers around said this will not affect it as it does not have an element of moral turpitude.what is that and can anyone confirm about it. Will he be disqualified..hes terrified and needs help can some1 tell us about the conviction and his chances of disqualification

Learning

8 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     18 October 2016

Obtain certified copies from police and/or court and keep these safely.

It is suggested that: Don't conceal in further employment applications/affidavits.

Avoid in future.

Your counsels if required may get: It may get it  termed as minor indiscretions.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     18 October 2016

Same query posted at:

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/experts/Regarding-government-jobs-esp-Upsc-620411.asp

Sachin (N.A)     18 October 2016

This will not affect any job in future

Can't deny job for petty crimes of past: SC 

Thank you everyone...it helps..

Thank you everyone...it helps..

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     19 October 2016

paid the fine so he is convicted.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     19 October 2016

The decision is by the bench of apex court.

Rohit SK   12 April 2019

Hello Piyush, 

I would like to know the current situation of your friend as I am facing the same issue now. I have also paid a fine of Rs. 2000 in the same case of drunk driving. I have cleared the exam and I am in a state of trauma. Please reply about what happened. 

Thanks in advance. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register