Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Can this case be quashed in high court?

Hi sir/ madam. Can you please help me?
There is a criminal case on me going on .
Sections booked are 504-506-509-419-387-292A IPC.
Court is acmm court.
I have been attending the case from past 1 and half years regularly.
FIR is filed, charges are framed. Right now evidence stage is going on. But till now neither the complainant or any of the witnesses have come to the court.
Already 9 dates were over only for the evidence stage.
I'm a bachelor now working and settled with a job now. In december i want to get married and settle in life. But because of this case, i'm postponing my marriage as i don't want to cheat my future wife.
The complainant in this case is my former friend and has already come to terms with me. Thats why he is not attending court thinking that the case would be dismissed if he doesn't come to court.
But the court is not closing the case, just adjourning to every 40 days. I'm losing time and money and my future looks troubled because of this small case.
Can you please tell me if this case (all the sections mentioned above) can be quashed in high court or can be closed by any means as soon as possible? If yes, then what is the procedure and how to approach the high court??
My lawyer was not able to figure out what to do. I would be greatly relieved to see some help here.
Thank you.

Learning

5 Replies

Kappil Cchandna (Expert Bail & Criminal Defence Lawyer at Delhi Supreme Court of India)     28 September 2016

Sir, 

You can go for qushing on the basis of settlement. 

Warm Regards

Kapil Chandna Advocate 

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     28 September 2016

In addition to the advice of Adv Kapil,now that both of U have agreed for a compromise and settlement,the same can be prayed before the court by both of U and the complainant can submit a memo as not pressed for further proceedings.

muralidara R naidu (advocate)     28 September 2016

Dear sir,

Since u and ur friend allready comprmised dispute,please take ur friend to the court and consult public presecutor and ur Advocate and compoud the offence.

If ur friend keep absent and not respond court summonse, Non bailable warant will be issued agaianst him soon.

RMD

anil   28 September 2016

ask for mediation and settle it in centre or go to lok adalat listing and settle there. give settlement papers to judge.

(Guest)

The sections look grave. Many of them are non compundable. Go to the High Court with the settlement and if the High Court allows then the FIR can be quashed.

Regards,
Rit Arora
Advocate

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register