LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Abhash   03 April 2008

rent deed enforceable

i have rented out my house property and has got rent deed signed by taking computerised print of the deed. now i want it to be legally enforceable. so i am thinking to get stamp affixation on the same and getting it attested with notary. will this all serve the purpose or some other formality is also required.

Learning

4 Replies

shiva shanker (Legal Officer)     04 April 2008

Hi Abhash, you can very well legalize your lease deed. For that purpose you need to go to any stamp vendor and make it validated by affixing required stamp duty may be of Rs.20/- (through franking machine only) and get it notarized one. Then you have a legally enforceable lease deed in your hand.

Abhash   04 April 2008

i went to court but they told me that now stamps are not in practice to be affixed on the papers and i have to buy new stamp papers and get the deed typed on them.

Manish Singh (Advocate)     05 April 2008

Dear Mr Abhash Firstly, You need to make the deed on proper stamp paper and if the term is for more than one year or same, you 'll have to get it registered also.

Jithendra.H.J (Lawyer)     12 April 2008

yes ! the rent agreement should be on stamp paper, value of the stamp paper depends on the advance amount you recieved, if in future if have to go to court the court may consider the amount passed to you on the rent agreement.if the term is more than 11 months better get it registred

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register