LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

UMESH BHASKAR   08 August 2016

Property matter

My father died 4 years ago . he had a property in south Delhi which he got from his father . my father had six children 3 son & 3 daughter . among them he made a will in favor of two of his sons . the property was a corner one and the will does not explains that if divided which of his son gets the corner one . secondly the papers of the property were misplaced . now the two son mutually decided for the area and want to transfer the same in their names . what would be the procedure of transfer and how much expense will it costs .kindly help me as i don't have much knowledge in this case

Learning

3 Replies

saravanan s (legal advisor)     08 August 2016

the will needs to be executed and the property needs to be mutated on their names by producing the necessary documents at the tahsildars office 

Kappil Cchandna (Expert Bail & Criminal Defence Lawyer at Delhi Supreme Court of India)     08 August 2016

Sir, 

How did yor father received the property from his father i.e. qua Will, Gift Deed or intestate. 

Warm Regards 

Kapil Chandna Advocate 

Augustine Chatterjee,New Delhi (Advocate & Solicitor at Law)     08 August 2016

Have the concerned registrars office mutate the property in the favour of the two brother. The same shall be subject to receipt of NOC from the other legal heirs. Thereafter execute a family settlement and have the same registered as per law.

A very valid query has also been raised by Mr Chandna. The outcome of the property shall be contingent on the said issue raised by him.

Augustine Chatterjee

Advocate & Solicitor at Law

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register