LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

atul gajbhiye (na)     07 June 2016

Interim maintainance

Hi, my wife filed 498a and dv case against me in may 2013. 498a trial is going on. Judge of civil court has passed interim maintaince order only on the basis of written afidavit. She hasnt submitted any income proofs of mine. Nowadays im unemployed n suffered from abdominal disease. Treatment is going on on my parents expenditure. Thats why im unable to pay due maintaince of around Rs 80,000 n monthly Rs 4400/-. Judge has sent me twice in jail for 30 days imprisonment, once in june 2015 n in feb 2016. My lawyer saying that i cant escape from maintainance. What should i do? How can court force an unemployed person to pay the money?

Learning

2 Replies

saravanan s (legal advisor)     07 June 2016

Even if unemployed courts insist that the husband must pay maintenance.you can file a change in circumstances petition to reduce the maintenance amount

Mrs. Bakshi (Social Studies Reader/Worker)     08 June 2016

Go to nepal or kathmandu, dont come back for 4-5 years, if you stay here you will hae to pay allimonny, or go jail, judge wont leave you till you pay, if you taken dowry, give it back and  ask excuse, either ways you will be losing 10-15 years if you want to fight cases, but still you will end up paying money to wife, even after divorce.  Decide now, run away for good 10 years, dont come back.  These kind of wifes cannto be lived with. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register