LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Dibyendu   29 April 2016

Police verification for bank po job

I was caught by police for Blacking Cricket match tickets and was taken to police station.Police registered a Petty Case against me,recorded my name & address in their record register and detained me  in their office room for almost five hours.I was then left by signing Bail Bond Papers and had to pay a fine of Rs.500.

The P.S. where this case is registered is in Kolkata and I stay in a Suburban town almost 40 kms from Kolkata and in a different jurisdictional area.Will they inform this registered Petty Case to the Local P.S. where I reside and will the Local P.S. have this case in their records?

I am very much worried about the Police Verification procedure coz I have been selected as a Bank PO.Please help with replies and suggestions.I am very much anxious and depressed thinking I might lose my Bank job.

Learning

16 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     29 April 2016

Repeated Query:

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Urgent-advice-needed-please-135396.asp#.VyQqvNQrLIU

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     29 April 2016

No, don't scare nothing wrong will be happen on your police verification, you don't disclose any thing yourself to your local police of your jurisdiction, otherwise they will black mail you and will dragged huge money from you, there is nothing in police verification police only check your residence address and may ask from your neighbour about your character and take undertaking from you and your neighbours that's all .

Dibyendu   29 April 2016

Thanks for your comment Mr.Joshi. Highly appreciated Sir. Yes Mr. Kumar Doab I am worried about whether the Kolkata P.S. will intimate this Petty Case to my local P.S. and whether the local Police will have it in their records. Please comment.

siddhartha sinha   30 April 2016

Which bank is it?Such police verifications are a formality.May never take place at all. If you have no pending case or never been convicted of a crime then be assured no problems will be caused.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     30 April 2016

Originally posted by : siddhartha sinha
Which bank is it?Such police verifications are a formality.May never take place at all. If you have no pending case or never been convicted of a crime then be assured no problems will be caused.

who told you it is mre formality.

attestion form is filled and it is sent through respective DC to all the police station where he had permanently lived or has permanent address.  Police comes and meets the candidates and tehn based n their record they certify that no criminal reocrd is available on the candidate.

wheever anyone is accused in any thana his area thana is informed. So record of his being on bail is aught to be available with police.

Originally posted by : Dibyendu
Thanks for your comment Mr.Joshi. Highly appreciated Sir.

Yes Mr. Kumar Doab I am worried about whether the Kolkata P.S. will intimate this Petty Case to my local P.S. and whether the local Police will have it in their records.

Please comment.

if they have registered a case then they are bound to inform area thana

Kumar Doab (FIN)     30 April 2016

The advises rendered in this thread have already been given in original thread at:

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Urgent-advice-needed-please-135396.asp#.VyUYkdQrLIV

Why to repeat?

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     30 April 2016

@ Dibyendu ji, once the experts had given their advice on your query then why are you posting again and again same query in the forum ?

he was also advised

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Police-verification-during-government-job-selection-135381.asp#.VyR9XyFMzwo

Dibyendu   30 April 2016

Sirs,yes this is based on the same issue but my query was different.Thanks for your suggestions.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     01 May 2016

You are welcome.

You have been advised in all threads.

It is your call now to act in a manner as deemed fit to you at your end.

You may discuss with your own lawyer.

Anand Bali Adv. (Advocate Solicitor & Consultant)     01 May 2016

Yes police can refer your background/ case and your sellection may come under tyrouble. It is a procedure that when ever a crime happen the report of it is given to the police station where the culprit resides. Just pray that it should not happen in your case.

However on the otherside I strongly condem your sellection in a bank where a huge amount of public money is transected and there a person like you is not at all needed for any sake.

For further legal assistance you can send me a PM (Personal Message) through this site.

Advise; always take assistance from an experienced and well educated Advocate of the field.

You well can see my credentials on my web site www.anandbaliandassociates.com ; plus at many other independent internet sites of India such as on  Pathlegal.in, LawyersclubIndia.com; Justdial.com; Kaanoon.com.; Lawsolva.com; Linkedin.com; Legalindia.com; Myadvo.com; Just Dial.com & Sulekha.com; plus many more .

Please visit  www.anandbaliandassociates.com
With Regards !!
Anand Bali, Adv.
(B.Com., M.A., LL.B., M.B.A.)
Supreme Court Of India

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     01 May 2016

If the matter has been informed by the police to your jurisdictional police station, it may come to light during verification for employment.

Dibyendu   02 May 2016

Should I go to my Local Police Station and enquire whether they have been informed about my case??....Will this be a right step to take??....Kindly Suggest.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register