LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sanjeev (officer)     20 January 2010

how to challenge a state notification

What is the procedure for challenging provisions of a notification by the state administration ?

Learning

5 Replies

Sarjooram Sharma (Assistant Labour commissioner)     20 January 2010

Extra ordinary jurisdiction of writ in the High Court or  Supreme Court is open.

1 Like

Adinath@Avinash Patil (advocate)     21 January 2010

BY FILING WRIT PETITION IN HIGH COURT YOU CAN CHALLENGE STATE  NOTIFICATION.

1 Like

sanjeev (officer)     25 January 2010

I want to challenge a notification of state govt. vide which new RTI Rules have been implemented in state . Old Rules have been repealed and new rules have been notified with 3 rules showing changes . One change is acceptable while two others are to be challenged . In such case , what should be my prayer in writ petition ?   whether quashing of whole notification or something else ?

Please guide .

Sarjooram Sharma (Assistant Labour commissioner)     26 January 2010

Whether there is any infringment of fundamental rights? if yes then your can go for a writ of certiorari under Art 226 pf 32/

Arup Kumar Gupta, Korba, Chattishgarh ((m)9893058429)     28 February 2010

dear sanjeev,

your case will be PIL;  - IT IS ALSO A WRIT

apply under art. 226. for a writ format, search on net, if you go to supreme court website you will get a format of writ. if you donot get any writ format of your high court, then use sc format.

after obtaining format - start fill up the format, if you fill any difficulties put your question here also pm to me.

you file against the things - which you find, - objectionable. not the whole.

explain your cause of action - ie why you want to bring this petition - very clearly. ok, wish you have success.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register