LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Pavan   04 March 2016

Can notice period will cover bond??

I am working a MNC and went to US for 35 days on B1 VISA , we have agreed bond for 6 months .

i went to US on Nov14th and came back to india on Dec22.

so if i resign in march 22nd , can you just tell me whether my notice period covers in the bond period of 6 months ? if i resign will i face any issues with my employer? 

Learning

5 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     08 March 2016

The appointment letter and so called Bond both need to be examined.

Did the employer provide any extar ordinary benefit for working abroad? Was it your or employer's need? Did you worked abroad and fetched profits, for employer?

Notice period in your case as per your designation/nature of duties may be covered by various

enactments and these may prevail upon apointment letter/Bond.

Mukesh sharma (job )     12 May 2016

Hi pavan its all depaend on your appointment letter which employer mention in this if their mention any of contract and other thing than you will we need to follow it 

so plz check your appointment letter first and after you say any thing about it 

without its we are unable to say single word

thanks 

Kumar Doab (FIN)     12 May 2016

Notice period in your case as per your designation/nature of duties may be covered by various

enactments and these may prevail upon apointment letter.

Ritesh Maity (Labour Law Advocate)     12 May 2016

Bond can be used against you to only recover the cost for any particular training that has been provided to you. Company cannot recover anything more than the cost of such training for which a suit has to be initiated if you decide not to pay. However, the terms and conditions of appointment letter as well as the so called bond have to be examined first before coming to a conclusion.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     13 May 2016

The querist has initiated the query and should reply to all points, pointwise.

Based on reply further response can be posted.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register