Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Srinath   15 February 2016

Dowry case when divorce case is in court

Hi,

We are married on Dec 07, 2013 and she left me after six months.  Since she is not interested in coming back I have decided to file a divorce case.  I have filed a divorce case on March 24, 2014 after six months of her leaving and the case is still running.  Again last month i.e., December 2015 she filed Dowry case 498(A) against me and my family members.  Will this Dowry case effect my divorce case and how can she file dowry case six months after divorce.  She came to court but never told the Hon'ble Judge that she filed Dowry case too on me.  Please advice.

Learning

5 Replies

Rocky Smith (Instructor @ Calcutta (rockysmith4calcutta@gmail.com))     15 February 2016

Please withdraw your divorce case first. It is compoundable hence you can withdraw it now.

Men are not recommened to file divorce cases.

Please concentrate on perjury and speedy trial. Please see my profile carefully to know more.

Please also see the following link. 

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Whether-wife-is-justified-in-filing-of-criminal-cases-agains-132377.asp#.VsH3bdIrLIU

(Guest)

By filind dowry case she has ensured you divorce.  Dont worry. Keep your cool at all times.  File perjury tmrw itself.  Good luck.

1 Like

Sidharth   15 February 2016

First meet I/o . Convince him/her to file closure report instead of charge sheet

Augustine Chatterjee,New Delhi (Advocate & Solicitor at Law)     15 February 2016

She is not supposed to tell the family court judge about what other cases she has filed verbally . The same shall form a part of the written record she files . As of now don't worry . Oncd you are acquitted in the 498a case , that will be an additional ground for you to be able to seek divorce . False implication in a criminal case is a valid ground for seeking divorce . 9999931152

(Guest)

this is similar case to mine. wife filed 498a after months of me filing divorce case. but, my lawyer is not willing to file perjury on my wife. she has even manipulated witnesses, but lawyer is saying those evidences will be useful only in hearing not now. he is interested in runnning my 498a case for next 4 years :(  if i have the evidence, can i move to high court? i have few grounds for quash: one she has filed 498a after divorce case, second manipulation of witnesses saying i have hit her with knife infront of 2 others. but the witnesses are govt employees and were in office at the time, broad day light of 3PM.  thirdly, she claims she is injured, but nothing sort of it happened, and police report also does not say any injury to her body. how to handle the same? it is affecting my job. thanks.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register