LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Dh (Engineer)     20 December 2015

Query related to property

Hi everyone. I am from Andhra Pradesh. Back in 2009, we had a joint property of 27 acres of which my father owned 13 acres, my uncle 8 acres and my grand father 6 acres (in 2009). Upon my grandfather's passing away, his property, my uncle's protery were sold. . This happened Almost six years ago from now. Since we have a right on half i.e., 3 acres in my grandfather's property, we got it. However, my uncle's daughter who is divorced now did not sign during the registration. Lawyers told that it is not necessary since my grandfather  bought the 27 acres and did not inherit if from his father. Today, my father wants to sell some part of our 13 acres. He is afraid to sell more than 6.5 acres fearing that my uncle's daughter may claim right on the property sold. Also, in our 13 acres, 3 is having a sepate registration in the name of my mother( seperate passbook in her name). Now, we got a buyer for nine acres. So, can we go ahead?

If my uncle goes to court, will he have a chance of winning or will the court accept his case and hold the sale if it is more than 6.5 acres?

In addition, when we sold the property, my uncle's daughter, ie, my sister put the witness signature. But I am not sure whether she is a major at that time or not.

Learning

1 Replies

Adv. Yogen Kakade (+ 91 9225510883)     21 December 2015

repeated query

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register