LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

surabhi   14 December 2015

Passport verification

hi...i applied for my passport normally on 14oct 2015. my police verification was done on 17th oct. later on, i got a message from passport seva kendra stating that "police has submitted a adverse report for your temporary address". the mistake i did was i mentioned 'd been staying at this address for last 2years where we actually are staying but i forgot the fact that I actually wasnt staying at that prescribed address coz as a doctor i was doing my internship in other city but my family was staying at the same address for last 2yrs and i shifted home 6months ago. the constable pointed it out and then i realised it. but he asked for my proof that i was staying at my hospital and i did give him the copies of "no due certificate" issued by our doctors hostel warden. i also said i could get him a residence certificate from hostel if needed. he said this wont be an issue and no documents are required but instead took those "no due certificate" and said mostly an other constable will be sent to my hostel address for verifying the fact whether i was actually staying there. but now i got a text saying a show cause notice has been issued but 'm unable to access it online and have been waiting for it arrive by post. what am i supposed to do?? do i need to go to the passport office again or wait for the notice. please help!! as i need to go abroad to write an exam. pleasee!!

Learning

2 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     15 December 2015

Go to passport office with your message and NOC  tell the passport officer with an affidavit submit it there. That is all

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     25 December 2015

You may await the notice slapped on you instructing you to show cause why action should not be taken against you for furnishing wrong information about your address.

On receipt of notice, you may prepare a reply in the form of an affidavit narrating the circumstances under which you had furnished the address as mentioned in the passport application and also apologise for having furnished misleading information and submit the reply by registered post or in person.

Your explanation if satisfactory may be accepted and your application may be approved by the passport authorities. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register