LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Lalitkumar   20 November 2015

Bci - section vii- sec. 49 -restriction on other employments

Suppose X is law graduate 2014 batch and working as corporate legal executive (full time salaried employee) in service Provider Company in India, He has enrolled as Advocate however did not applied for All India Bar Examination.

Please advice on followings –

i. Whether he should surrender the enrollment as Advocate,

ii. Whether he should first apply for All India Bar Examination and then surrender the SANAD (License of Practice) so that as in when he wants to practice he can just reapply for SANAD and need not to re-appear for All India Bar Examination,

iii. Whether He can apply for All India Bar Examination when he wants to leave job and start practice rather than apply for All India Bar Examination and surrendering SANAD,

iv. Is there any concern related to time essence.

v. Your suggestions/options.

Thank you very much for your time and guidance in advance,

Learning

4 Replies

ROHIT SHARMA (Legal Advisor )     20 November 2015

1. Appearing at the eaxms can be done even if he is gaifully emloyed.

2. If he passess then the option to decide as to whether commence parcticing as an advocate by leaving the gainful employment or give up the sanand and continue with his present employment.

JAGJIT (STUDENT)     22 November 2015

Dear Rohit Sharma Ji, I did my Law in 2007 from Du Delhi while in job. I am employed in Public Sector Life Insurance Co. & have completed 20 years of service. I want enter into practice. How could I register with BCI DELHI. SHALL I HAVE TO first quit the PRESENT EMPLOYMENT & ALSO WHETHER I AM REQUIRED to QUALIFY AIB EXAM? THANKS & REGARDS. JAGJITJAGOAR# 9136601848.

Dear Rohit Sharma Ji, I did my Law in 2007 from Du Delhi while in job. I am employed in Public Sector Life Insurance Co. & have completed 20 years of service. I want enter into practice. How could I register with BCI DELHI. SHALL I HAVE TO first quit the PRESENT EMPLOYMENT & ALSO WHETHER I AM REQUIRED to QUALIFY AIB EXAM? THANKS & REGARDS. JAGJITJAGOAR# 9136601848.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register