Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mehak   17 October 2015

Sexual harrasment

Dear Lawyers,

Please advise before i move ahead legally.

Got married recently in Feb’15. Soon after 1 month of marriage my husband went abroad for official visit and mother in law  have started harassing me for dowry and Tanas in my husband absence, moreover my father in law used to send me the text messages late in night and early in morning and often came in my room with the intention to touch me and he has even tried to pull my gown as well. I have informed about the same to my husband and he has ignored, said he will manage when he will come back. Infact , my husband has never told me that he has to go abroad soon after marriage and my father told him to take my along but he has simply denied. My father in law has actually tried to take the place of my husband and mother in law has not even done anything to stop it. After all this I went to my home in april’15 and till now I am here. My husband is not even coming back and always giving the same reason 2-3 months more…so on ….. My mother in law has visited my home to take me back but I have denied and told them that I will live separate with my husband.

I have lodged the compliant in women cell but my husband is not coming  attend the same. They have very good relations with all the big politicians and my husband called DCP to post poned the dates and will come back in November. I am worried about myself and my parents.

What to do in all this above scenario. Do I have to show all the proof in court or in women cell ? I do  not have any proof and just have the text messages which was send by my father in law. Will this messages enough to jail my fu****g father in law ?

Learning

12 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     17 October 2015

The time has come for your listen or read Ramayana, Quran, Bible, Bhagvathgeetha. Do not put allegations on gods like parents in law without proper evidences either audio records or video records etc.

(Guest)

You need to have solid evidence for making such allegation lady.

Samir N (General Queries) (Business)     17 October 2015

Very interesting case... I thought these things happen only in movies or non-Indian cultures... In any case, if indeed your father has been sending you these messages, then these are indications that you are not making false allegations. There have been high-profiled cases where men have been booked based upon vulgar emails/SMS as evidence as they make a primafacie case that the men was upto something else too...

Now, regarding DCP, influence, etc. let me assure you that these do not matter any more if you are tactful. In fact, these people are themselves afraid of their own reputation in such cases. You can always approach his senior, Commissioner, for example. 

If your father-in-law is  a pervert, forget about Ramayana, Quran, Bible, etc. These books do not deal with such issues and there were no Courts and proper laws when these books were written.

Most important issue that you need to decide: YOU FILE ANY COMPLAINT ACCUSING YOUR FATHER-IN-LAW OF WHAT YOU ARE ALLEGING, THATS THE END OF YOUR MARRIAGE.  If your statements are true and your husband is silent, you should get a divorce anyway, file appropriate police complaints and move on boldly because its disgusting for a father-in-law to do what you are alleging. If your allegations are false, you will be wrecking a family and then the Quran, Bible, Gita, etc. will come into play... Your husband can file for divorce based upon cruelty to him if your allegations are proved false. Karma finally catches up!

I walk alone (Asst Manager)     18 October 2015

Agree with Samir ji.. Very good analysis and suggestions, but any which ways, you should have super strong evidences

fighting back (exec)     18 October 2015

relying solely on SMSs as evidence is very very difficult...going by your post on the forum and considering it as true, relying on sms and then proving it as a genuine is a very very tough act..you have to prove that your FIL has indeed sent it and it is not you who has used his own phone to send messages to yourself and then claim it to be sent by him. ( this point will be raised in your cross examination)

secondly.. mud slinging in courts has never ever done good to anybody..even if your allegations are true and you file complaints for justice...your marriage is anyway dead the moment you step in court. secondly..your marriage prospects after divorce will be dimmed...after so much mud slinging in courts and police..if you find that the other party is at fault..you should think of filing mutual divorce and move on...running aruound court rooms will cost years and years and yeild nothing. but only trouble and harrassment....

Mani (Manager P & P)     19 October 2015

HER VERDICT COULD BE TRUE ENOUGH, SHE MAY FILE CASE OF HARASSMENT, EVEN IF ONE IS AT OLD AGE, HE/SHE CANNOT BE ASSUMED THAT ONE CANNOT DO SUCH ACT

Mehak   19 October 2015

Dear  - fighting back and Mani..

Thnks fr d revert. But really my father in law has sent the messages late in night. Why did he do that ? He has even tried to touched me. I just have his messages in my phone which doesnt not include any s*xual message. Can i file the s*xual harrasment case of 354 IPc ? Will these messages enough to show to judge to prove his guilty ?  How would i prove that he has touched me ? I dnt have any audio and video recording when he was touching me / Please guide me 

SuperHero (Manager)     19 October 2015

What exactly are the text messages??

Shantanu Wavhal (Worker)     20 October 2015

Originally posted by : Mehak
Dear  - fighting back and Mani..

Thnks fr d revert. But really my father in law has sent the messages late in night. Why did he do that ? He has even tried to touched me. I just have his messages in my phone which doesnt not include any s*xual message. Can i file the s*xual harrasment case of 354 IPc ? Will these messages enough to show to judge to prove his guilty ?  How would i prove that he has touched me ? I dnt have any audio and video recording when he was touching me / Please guide me 

!!  ??

Mehak   20 October 2015

Dear  SuperHero  &  Amit..........

Messages are realting to normal activity says..

1) Whatare you doing 

2) Why are you so upset ?

3 I will quit smoking 

4) Today is your father's birthday party honi chaiye

5) Some of the poetry messages .

Messages were not se*ual but the timings are wrong which were sent by late in night by 12am and early in mroning by 4 am.  Can i file IPC 354 on the basis of this ? moreover my father in law has also touched me and tried to pull my gown and showed my the pronograpgy .He often used to come in my room !  What to do ?  I My attorny said we cannot file IPC 354 on the basis of messages but can file 354D. Is he right on his part ? I have all the messages in my inbox sent by my father in law with timings. What should i do to prove that he has also tried to pull my gown and showed my the pronograpgy.Please experts request you to guide me please.

(Guest)

Taking that this has happnd, only option for you left is file complaint against your FIL, gather meeting with your parents and your in-laws and settle the matter amicably, ask your husband to take you with him.  If you are not interested in staying alone like this and if your husband is not interested in taking you along with him and he has left you at the mercy of his parents, then its better to take MCD and find someone else who can be with you after marrying you.  As, marriage is for living together and not you living somewhere and he living somewhere.  Even such marriages work and they are called as weekend couples, they meet only on weekends or fortnightly and have se x, that kind of relationship does not mean anything unless the husband is serving in the frontiers.

Anyway, take a stand now and stick to it, simply telling FIL sent that this on SMS at that hour, or he showed you p*rn clips and tried to pull your gown, making false accusatoins coz your husband is not proper and you just want a reason to move out of the place to your moms house will definitely backfire, as law works both ways.  All the best.

SuperHero (Manager)     20 October 2015

Originally posted by : Mehak
Dear  SuperHero  &  Amit..........

Messages are realting to normal activity says..

1) Whatare you doing 

2) Why are you so upset ?

3 I will quit smoking 

4) Today is your father's birthday party honi chaiye

5) Some of the poetry messages .

Messages were not se*ual but the timings are wrong which were sent by late in night by 12am and early in mroning by 4 am.  Can i file IPC 354 on the basis of this ? moreover my father in law has also touched me and tried to pull my gown and showed my the pronograpgy .He often used to come in my room !  What to do ?  I My attorny said we cannot file IPC 354 on the basis of messages but can file 354D. Is he right on his part ? I have all the messages in my inbox sent by my father in law with timings. What should i do to prove that he has also tried to pull my gown and showed my the pronograpgy.Please experts request you to guide me please.

The moment your Father in law did that to you, You should have taken Left Leg chappal and hit him hard. And never ever he would have dared to come near you.

This are some serious things, but again as Gyan mentioned if your Husband can't take you, MCD is the best option.

Ask yourself this question always? What Next??

If I file a case on my Father in Law. What will be my Husband's reaction??

What will the Courts do? How long does it take for the judgement to arrive?

What if I file divorce?

If I go for divorce. What will be my life after that?

So on and so forth......Think and Act....

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register