LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Binni   08 October 2015

Self cheque

Hello, i have received a self cheque of 2.6 lakhs from my friend. he has signed the cheque  at the back as well. If i  encash the same, will  this be considered as my income? if yes what  i need to  do /declare this source  of income while filign my ITR...I am a salaried person .pls advice

Learning

2 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     08 October 2015

if your bank account has transactions more than your known source of income then the banks also monitor Suspicious Transactions and have to submit such reports to law enforcing agencies. Cash Transaction Reports and Suspicious Transaction Reports are part Anti Money Laundering Guidelines and to keep a check on terrorist activities.

advocatepassy@gmail.com 971794 (Advocate)     09 October 2015

Self cheque is like a bearer cheque.  It is like the account holder is withdrawing himself through the bearer of the cheque.  That could be anyone.  But if you deposit the same in your account,you could be questioned as to the source of this transaction.  If the cheque amount is Rs 2.6 lakhs, you may have to give your PAN number to the bank for withdrawal. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register