LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Gayatri (Na)     12 September 2015

Court case

My grandmother has given case against a bank as first defendant and my family as 2 and 3 defendant. As per court order, bank has withheld some money from my bank account. There were 3 or 4 hearings, neither bank nor our advocate has provided written statement. Bank has not contacted us to conduct the case. We hired a single advocate for defendant 2 and 3. 

1. Can each defendant have separate advocates? i.e 2 and 3 are from the same family, can each hire 2 separate advocates to appear for them?

In the online court case status, case is shown as grandmother Vs bank only, 2 and 3 defendants names do not show. But in the beginning, court order was sent to all 3 defendants. 

2. Do all 3 defendants have to give separate written statements or only 1 st defend has to provide? do all defendants have to be equally responsible to condut this case or does 1st  defendant has priority over the others?

As per the latest case status, it shows "exparte evidence"
3. What does this mean? Does not show who has to submit this evidence?

Thank you

Learning

2 Replies

mahesh   12 September 2015

One advocate is enough for three defendant.. And ask remaining things to your advocate.. He will tell u in detail....

mahesh   12 September 2015

One advocate is enough for three defendant.. And ask remaining things to your advocate.. He will tell u in detail....

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register