Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

vrushali   11 September 2015

Adding name in property

Hi

My inlaws have purchased flat before our marriage and that time for ease in future they added my husbands name in property. Now my inlaws are ready to add my name in flat. Can they do so without my husbands consent? In one flat mother in laws name is first and second my husband and in second flat my husbands name first and then mother in law. Money for flat is paid by mother in law. Husband paid only 1 lakh rupees in second flat.

and if its not possible to add my name without his consent what are other options by which inlaws can add my name? either will or gift deed or anything else?

Regards

vrushali

Learning

2 Replies

Kappil Cchandna (Expert Bail & Criminal Defence Lawyer at Delhi Supreme Court of India)     11 September 2015

Mam,

Since husband is the 50% owner of both the properties, a settlement deed is to be prepared and mutation is to be done and your name be added.

Warm Regards

Kapil Chandna Advocate

vrushali   11 September 2015

Thanks sir. 

But for this my husbands consent is required isn't it? can mother in law give her share in property to me by gift deed or will and whether for that my husbands consent is needed? as he wont agree to do property in my name or make nominee.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register