LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anushree Singh (Advocate)     20 August 2015

Changing Trademark owner name at TM registry

Hi, My company recently acquired a popular brandname/trademark through a 'Sale of ownership in brand' agreement. My queries are: 1. The brandname had been registered with the TM registry office in Delhi. My company is a foreign entity with corporate office in Mumbai. Should we transfer the application to Registry office in Mumbai? 2. From research I found out that by submitting Form TM-23, one can apply for change in name of proprietor at the registry office. Is it required to attach a brand assignment deed along with the Form or will the signature of both parties on the form will suffice? Thanks.

Learning

3 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     01 September 2015

attachement deed copy is essential

Priyanka Kulkarni (Advocate and Intellectual Property Attorney Solicitor (England and Wales) (NP))     12 September 2015

Hello, Filing assignment deed is compulsory. I need the said application number and assignment deed to guide you further in this regard. Regards, Priyanka Kulkarni IP Attorney LL.M. King's College London Solicitor of England and Wales (NP)

anand (legal advisor)     03 October 2015

in addition to this it is time bound so you need to file within 6 months from the date of assignment.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register