Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sanam   18 August 2015

Eldeset son property rights

Good morning,

I have one serious  question about my properties right which one bought before marriage under my name thru my forgien income ( NRE account).

I had bought one  residential land with little building in 2000 just  a month before my marriage in my name. I am the eldest son in my family and I have one older sister plus half brother( Step mother son).

Now they  are saying that what ever you bought before marriage is all under family property. so they are claiming share in my property..

I have proof and documents plus my NRE passbook  clearly states that I bought that land thru my own income.

Any suggestion about my rights.

Thanks

Sanam

Learning

5 Replies

saravanan s (legal advisor)     18 August 2015

dont worry.its your self aquired property.noone else can lay their claim over it

Krishna Murthy Pasupula (High Court Advocate )     18 August 2015

True - No other person claim right over self acquired property

jyotirmaya behera (advocate)     04 September 2015

When you had bought the residential land, that time your father has/ had alive? If no that means that time you was the Karta and said land brought from the joint family income even if self acquired property.

If your father was alive then there is no problem. The said land is your because its self acquired property.

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     20 September 2015

No one except UR wife and children have a claim on UR self acquired property either bought before or after marriage.

advocatepassy@gmail.com 971794 (Advocate)     23 October 2015

Everyone has given the correct answer.  No one can claim any right on your self acquired property. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register