Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

bhupati   05 August 2015

Wrong posting of self assessment tax by state bank of india

Sir,

I have deposited Self Assessment Income Tax for the A/Y-2007-2008 vide Income Tax Challan ITNS-280 on dated:23/03/2008 stipulating correctly the assessment year thru computer printer and retained the taxpayer's counterfolio with myself, submitted the copy of challan alongwith ITR-2 to the Income Tax A.O. of my range. But found shocking that from the last 2 years i have been regularly receiving notices of demand for the already deposited tax alongwith interest for the late period.

And after a long run of tryings somehow succeeded to obtain the Form-26AS for the A/Y-2008-09 where the same challan with the scroll No. and Journal No. has been posted by the Banker itself as Self Ass. Tax for A/Y-2008-09 (how could a assessee deposit sefl assessment tax during a financial year??, is shocking to knew) and while visited the SBI branch alongwith the all original documents (i.e. original counterfolio of challan paid, copy of ITR-V, copy of demand raised by I.T. Deptt. and copy of the Form 26AS of A/Y-2008-09. They simply denied to entertained that complaint us with a written request so that we may alter the details in our system and may be sort out the case and revert you by 10 to 15 days.

Being a bonafide citizen of the country I have deposited my share of tax with hiding any fact of a penny earned by me, but the banker just kick-off his duty by wrong doings and know i am facing the punishment by paying the tax twice or face a trial or imprisonment for non -compliance of law or wronly submitting the facts to the I.T. Deptt. as there is not taxable income in the nex ass.year (i.e.-A/Y-2008-09), I could not set off the tax with the ass. year-2008-09.

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register