Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

kiran   15 July 2015

Procedure for permission for passport during a criminal case

Dear Sir/Madam, 

I have a criminal case going against me, with offences  IPC 420, 406,465,471,468.  I dont have a  passport yet & would like to apply for permission from the court to get a passport, since  i need to travel to Germany to visit my girlfriend. When I asked  my lawyer about he says , that the  court needs a vaalid reason for  granting permission & "to meet my girlfrnd" cant be a valid reason. So my Lawyer asked me  to get some  letter from German Embassy stating some official reason.  

I need to know , if  it is true that i need  to furnish a valid reason (from german embassy) to the  court to grant me  permission to get a passport????   &  if  it is  true that i need to get it from german embassy, what kind  of letter would  it be. Please  help me.   

Regards, 

Kiran

Learning

3 Replies

Kappil Cchandna (Expert Bail & Criminal Defence Lawyer at Delhi Supreme Court of India)     15 July 2015

Sir,

show some genuine reason to travel abroad, u don't need a reason from the embassy ... Satsisfy the court that u undertake u come back India within a stipulated period and give some surety to the court that u will come back and will not abscond.

Warm Regards

Kapil Chandna Advocate

kiran   16 July 2015

Dear Kapil sir, 

Thank you soo much for  your reply, I am a business person, so can it be a business reason like, I need to visit my suppliers or customers abroad. If yes, will court ask me  for  me  to prove  my reason &  what kind of  documents  may court ask me to prove this. Please Help.

Reagards,

Kiran

Shreshta@ JA Beno AOR supreme (AOR supreme court of india )     15 March 2016

Yes, But the reason must be genune and evidential to satisfy the court.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register