Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sneha   10 July 2015

Police verification

Hi , 

I have applied for fresh passport. And my passport application is moved for police verification.
I went for police verification, but as i am having notarised rent agreement so they told me to bring rent agreement.
But i my question is- My rent agreement is not registered, its notarised agreement. So police will be fine with it or they want registered agreement only. Landlord property is not at his name it's on his fathers name and lanlord has not made change on property paper. so we cant make registered agreement.

So in this case what should be the solution. Police will accept notarised agreement or not.

Learning

2 Replies

Jatin Mittal (Corporate Lawyer)     13 July 2015

Hi Sneha

If the period of rent agreement is not exceeding 11 months, then you can show the notarised lease agreement. In case the lease period exceeds 11 months, then registration is necessary. For any other clarification, write to me at mittaljets@gmail.com. No charges for the consultation.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     01 August 2015

you said

"Landlord property is not at his name it's on his fathers name and lanlord has not made change on property papers"

So he is not the landlord at all and any agreement entered by him is not valid.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register