LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

I married him first!!! how can i prove my marriage?

Page no : 2

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     15 June 2015

If you want to travel on a childish path that you mnarried him first so your marriage is legal and marraige with her is void.  The stand corrected:-

  1. If he knew that he was alreayd married and cuased that lady to marry him hiding the facts then is is guilty of cheating..
  2. He knew that he is already married and his marrige with othr lady would be void still he had hidden the void nature of marriega and cause the lady to believe himself to be her lawful husband and had s*x with him.  He gets guilty of rape.

Do not think you to be safe.  You can be alleged to be onlooker with connivance that your husband gets into fraudulent marriage and extracts a dowry and them comes back to you.


Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     15 June 2015

I said

"If you really want to save him do not come near him."

I said so with a reason.


Dr J C Vashista (Lawyer)     15 June 2015

You got married with him in a temple (implies that your marriage was performed as per Hindu rites and ceremonies) in presence of sacred fire and a priest. Subsequently the marriage was consumated.

It do not require any certificate of marriage.

Marriage of your husband with other woman is null & void, if you do not intend to file a bigamy complaint and want live with him peacefully and he also intends so, do not worry, no one can stop and there is no hurdle or illegality. 

However, the woman is entitled for her maintenance even if she is not his (yor husband's) legally wedded wife.

Despite the fact the child (from the woman) is illegitimate, he is entltled for maintenance as well as share in the property.

N R Dash.. (Advocate)     16 June 2015

What have you been doing for four years if yours is the first marriage??? Family problem or constraint are no excuse in the eye of law.


Now, if you claim and try to establish your marriage and prove the second marriage null & void, the husband would be prosecuted for cheating and bigamy automatically. For rest of the queries you are already advised. The law has provisioins for both of you and at end of the day the husband would be suffering if legal process initiated by booth of you. 


Better, ask the man to go for MCD by mutual discussion with his second wife (if your story is correct & you are the first wife). Then, you may simply opt for a registrar marriage for legal rights.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     16 June 2015

agreein with Dr Vasistha I would add that you take care that under no circumstances you should annoy that lady.


you practically hve no proof of marraige except evidenc eof the priest, if you can bring him to court.

evenif you are able to prove your marriage then she can make hell of life you that man.

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     16 June 2015

@ Author of this post,

 Referring your brief, a Bigamy case is filed by only two persons; wife (i.e. you) and by lineal descendant (i.e. by your father).

2. A complex private arrangements filed facts presented here. Your marriage is legal. Solution is to confirm if your legal husband wants to live with you. If yes then start living again as husband and wife.

3. If and when second wife applies for her legal remedies, her marriage will be decided null and void. Your husband may plead guilty and may offer compensation to her n to their minor. Many courts have accepted such pleadings provided an able advocate then represents him. However, court may grant her and her minor some maintenance and declare her marriage null and void.

4. Proceed n/r re-uniting with husband if 100% sure that both wants each other in their life otherwise stay put as is where is basis.

[Last reply]

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     17 June 2015

 what is the proof of marriage.

if you can prove marriage then there are a lot of allegation that other lady can make on man.  I have already told you so.  No need repeating.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query